Search for content in message boards

Solomon Wood and Levina Burba

Replies: 10

Re: Solomon Wood and Levina Burba

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a granddaughter of Sarah Ellen Wood and Theodore Harman Monthavale Smith. She was born 15 March 1862 at Dog Creek, Hart Co., Ky. and died at my home 4 May 1947 at Grayson Springs, Grayson Co., Ky. She was a daughter of Solomon Seymour Wood and Luvina Burba. My father was George Allen Smith, the only brother of five sisters. Frone Ann Smith was the second from the youngest sister. As a small child, I remember my Aunt Frone who worked as a quilt or clothing factory at Leitchfield, Ky. Occasionally, she visited us for the night and she brought me balls of cotton which I liked to use to rub my cheeks as I fell to sleep. Yes, she was married to Seaman Kerr and one of her children I knew well was her son, Marshall Kerr, whose wife was named Lena. As Marshall Kerr aged,l I thought he was a "spitting image" of my father, his uncle. Marshall Kerr was your grandmother's brother. I barely remember your grandmother since we saw her only occasionally. Sarah Ellen Wood had no Indian Blood but her husband, "Thee" Smith was one fourth Cherokee Indian. His grandmother, Jamima Whitcel Perkins was full blooded Cherokee Indian. She was born in Tennessee, married in Harrison Co., In., lived for a while in Perry Co., In. and died in Breckinridge Co. Ky.
By the way, Sarah Ellen Wood Smith was a very kind and gentle person. She was extremely generous and cared for sick and poor relatives. She lived in my home most of the time between the death of my grandfather in 1943 and her own death in 1947. She was buried in St. Benedict Cemetery at Wax, in Grayson Co., Ky. Rosemary Smith Dawood
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
R_Dawood 28 Oct 2012 11:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions