John Wood born 1774 (I presume in NY, but not positive). Died Nov. 19, 1853 in Hempstead, Queens County NY. Buried in Old Town Burial Grounds in Hempstead.
Married to Elizabeth Unknown approx. 1799 as their first child (that I have adult records on) was born in 1800.
John and Elizabeth lived in Hempstead and owned a rather large farm (100 acres or so at one time)that was sold off over the years. I have many land transaction records of theirs that date back to 1820.
John and Elizabeth had 9 children that lived into adulthood. Naming patterns suggest to me that John and Elizabeth were both from Long Island families as two of thier son's are Mott and Smith (both old Hempstead families that intermarried a lot).
1. Wood, Mary - born: 13 Mar 1800 @ New York, USA
2. Wood, Loretta - born: ABOUT 1804 @ NY, USA
3. Wood, Catherine - born: ABOUT 1805 @ NY, USA
4. Wood, Joseph C - born: ABOUT 1809 @ NY, USA
5. Wood, Mott - born: 18 Nov 1814 @ NY, USA
6. Wood, Abigail Ann - born: ABOUT 1815 @ NY, USA
7. Wood, Cornelius M (lineage child) - born: 28 Jul 1818 @ NY, USA
8. Wood, Stephen - born: ABOUT 1819 @ NY, USA
9. Wood, Smith - born: 25 Dec 1820 @ NY, USA
All remained on Long Island their entire life.
My husband is the "Wood" and he lived on Long Island too, until we moved to Virgina 10 years ago.