Search for content in message boards

orville and wilbur wright

Replies: 49

Re: orville and wilbur wright

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 10:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

Wondered what the chart of names you posted was intended to mean. I couldn't figure it out. In a previous post you indicated Wilbur and Orville were your fourth cousins? From what you posted Sunday, I have a hard time seeing how that works unless it is through their mother's family that you are drawing a connection.

Wilbur and Orville Wright's father was a Bishop in the Church of the United Brethren in Christ, born in Rush County, Indiana and the arch of travel for his ancestors to Rush County was from Massachusetts to Connecticut to Vermont to Centerville, OH to Rush County, Indiana.

Wilbur and Orville's mother's name was Susan Catherine Koerner and she was born in Virginia to a carriage maker, John Koerner. Her mother was Catherine Fryer. But when she was very little they removed to southern Indiana and Susan grew up on a farm there working in her father's carriage business. She and Milton met while at the United Brethern College in Hartsville, Indiana. They married in 1859 and their first two children were born in Indiana. Later they moved the family as the church required and finally settled in Dayton, OH where Orville and Wilbur established their bicycle shop and conducted their early airplane experiments.

Maybe I have mistaken the intent of what you wrote, so I was wondering if you would mine clarifying when you have more time to consider this matter. I know very little about the Koerner and Fryer family ancestry and suspect you may have much to teach us if that is, indeed, your connection to this Wright family group. Thanks, Mike Wright
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
beckybowman13... 29 May 2009 7:36PM GMT 
MichaelCharle... 29 May 2009 10:20PM GMT 
beckybowman13... 30 May 2009 6:48PM GMT 
MichaelCharle... 1 Jun 2009 4:00PM GMT 
beckybowman13... 1 Jun 2009 4:41PM GMT 
cassandrajack... 30 May 2009 3:07PM GMT 
janecannon175 31 May 2009 3:43PM GMT 
cassandrajack... 31 May 2009 5:23PM GMT 
MichaelCharle... 1 Jun 2009 4:53PM GMT 
cassandrajack... 1 Jun 2009 5:37PM GMT 
per page