Search for content in message boards

Philbert Wright, born 1800

Replies: 0

Philbert Wright, born 1800

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 10:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
After all these years, I'm still looking for a Philbert Wright born in 1800 [based on several censuses], died and buried in the Fry/Frye Cemetery, Greene County, IN. Information I've collected on him so far:

PHILBERT WRIGHT
Birth 13 Jan 1800 in North Carolina [Birth may be off by a year or so, depending which census is viewed]
Death Nov. 10, 1865 in Wright, Greene Co., IN

NANCY Frey – [Who were her parents?]
Birth abt 1806 in Poss VIRGINIA
Death Aft 1870 in Wright, Greene, Indiana [not found in 1880 census]

Children:
Joseph A. Wright; 1826 – 1905 [married Catherine Bougher]
Philbert A. Wright ;1830 – 1853 [have estate documents on this child; not married]
Nancy H Wright; 1834 – 1906 [married James Love; 1830–1894]
Frances Marion Wright; 1836 – 1916 [married Lucinda Ooley]
Sarah Jane Wright; 1838-1919; [married a Sappington; then Morgan]
Elijah C Wright; 1840–1882 [married (1) Matilda Barnes; (2) her sister Terucia Caroline Barnes]
Margaret H. Wright; 1844 – [may have married Charles McBride]
Lucy A. Wright; 1848 – Bef 1860 [at 12, she's not found in family unit for this census]

The information above is strictly from various censuses 1850 onward and postings from ancestry.com, which may or may not be as accurate as I would like.

My interest is in PHILBERT 1800 and finding who his parents were. Because both are buried at Fry Cemetery, Greene Co., IN http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSsr=4...; - I thought perhaps parents MAY have been REV. Richard Wright & ELIZABETH HUGHES - also of Greene County. [Rev. Wright was the son of Benjamin Wright, Sr. who was the son of Richard Wright, Sr.]

However, several factor’s still stand in the way of that idea -

1. While I do not have the names of ALL their children and cannot make that connection, with the name of PHILBERT, I’m confident he would be related to my Wright family of Rowan/Davidson County NC area.

2. Rev. Richard Wright and Philbert 1800 are both buried in Fry/Frye cemetery in Greene Co. It appears that the rest of the Wright's are closely related as well.

One thing that I do know is that this Philbert is not the son of Philbert [1768-1855 - the son of RW, Sr.] and Mary Sears, based on his [PW1768's] will. PW1768 specifically named each of his children in his will. No Philbert is found, though Philbert 1800 was still very much alive at the time. At no time do censuses show that the two Philberts lived in the same county. PW1768 lived in Washington Co; PW1800 in Greene County, Indiana.

I am researching on ALL things related to the Richard Wright, Sr. & Jr. lines. My ancestry is as follows:
Philbert Wright & Esther Becraft
Richard Wright, Sr. & ‘Ann’ [her surname still unknown]
Richard Wright, Jr. & Caroline Kittrell
Mary Ann Wright & Thomas Varker – my great-grandparents.

ANY information provided would be so greatly appreciated, and clear up one more Wright family mystery.

Shirley

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions