Search for content in message boards

Yates/Long/Jones connection MO, TN, KY

Replies: 0

Yates/Long/Jones connection MO, TN, KY

Posted: 19 Jan 2001 6:26PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2002 2:10AM GMT
Grandmother Nannie (Nancy) ? Yates,(1880's) daughter of Mary Catherine Jones and William Franklin Yates marriage..KY (TN) my father, Raymond Louis Long, (l904) son of Nannie Yates and Walter Lewis (Louis) Long. Census of 1920 TN, shows Raymond Long, my father, 16 years at the time, living with his maternal grandparents Mary Catherine Jones Yates (no other history on her) William Franklin Yates. Also living in same household was another grandchild, a young girl of 6 years, named Mildred, I think last name was Watts. Neither my father, Raymond nor Mildred was shown as being in school. Want to know if anyone knows anything about circumstances of any of these relatives. Anyone know of anything about Mildred Watts, maybe later moved to Ventura County, Southern Calif. Records at Ancestry.com are incorrect as regards Nanny Yates Long and Walter Lewis (Louis) Long. And none of their 5 children are listed, and Walter is listed as Walter A. instead of Walter L. So I'm just not having much success tracking his whereabouts from the year he married my grmother, Nannie, in about 1902. Walter Lewis is son of Reece Riley Long and Sarah Mitchell. She was 3rd wife of Reece. My grmother, Nannie, had brother who died in his 80's or 90's only in recent years in Kansas whose name was Silas Yates. No one in family got any info before all these people died,and now there is noone to ask! The usual story. Maybe I can get some recent stories or history from the Silas Yates family. Silas would be my great Uncle. If any of you are out there, would be so happy to hear anything that you have. Pictures would be Heaven! I also have a few early pics would be glad to share, if any one has any connection to this line. Thanks for any response.

Find a board about a specific topic