Search for content in message boards

Brooks and Yeldells of Edgefield SC

Replies: 1

Brooks and Yeldells of Edgefield SC

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Yeldell, Brooks, Adams
My name is Donya Williams and I am the grand daughter of Jefferson Davis Yeldell. My grandfather died in July of 1964. He was brought back there from washington dc to be buried next to my grandmother Anne Mae Senior Yeldell. My grandfather didn't share to much information about his side of the family so that has led me to this site. I have found a wealth of information on Ancestry.com but have come to a halt at my grandfather's father mother.

Her name was Martha Brooks. On the census it shows her with five children in Edgfield. Her son peter is my great grandfather. Martha was down as a widow in the 1880 census but the two census that I have seen her in there was never a man. So one I don't know why the children last names were yeldell. I assumed this is where the slave master may have come into play.

In short I am looking for anyone who has information about Peter Yeldell, Jefferson Yeldell or Martha Brooks. Peter married Katie Adams and they had 10 children but only 6 seemed to be recorded. One of the six is Jefferson. Please contact me with whateva info you can. donya_20746@yahoo.com Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donya20746 10 Jul 2010 8:35PM GMT 
donya20746 4 Apr 2012 1:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic