Search for content in message boards

Christopher C Young (9-9-1824 - 3-10-1867) & Mary A Arnett (3-21-1831 - 8-31-1881)

Replies: 7

Re: Christopher C Young (9-9-1824 - 3-10-1867) & Mary A Arnett (3-21-1831 - 8-31-1881)

Posted: 8 Feb 2009 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Stan, I have not as yet done any research on Elizabeth Royer, other than locating the reference you noted in Royers in America and another note I found in a Mendenhall chronicle, both indicating her marriage to Philip. I have located their marriage record in Montgomery Co, OH in 1812. I am well aware of Calvin M. Young's biography which has guided most of my research thus far, and I've found it to be very accurate but for a few discrepancies I've found so far re: his grandparents and earlier. I live in Whitley Co. nearby to the Round Lake cemetery where Christopher and Mary Ann are buried. Also, buried there is Mary Ann's father, Henry Arnett. Calvin was the eldest son of Christopher's twin brother, Daniel K. Young. Both brothers families moved to Whitley Co. in 1863 from Darke Co. Ohio, but Daniel returned his family to Ohio in the Spring of 1870 after Christopher death in 1867. Calvin became a well-known and recognized authority on early anthropology and archaeology in the old Northwest Territory. He was a member of the Ohio Archaeology Society and authored a book on the Miami Indian Chief Little Turtle and his adopted son, William Wells. Elizabeth Royer died about 1845 was supposedly buried at Arlington cemetery, Montgomery Co, although I've been unable to locate the grave. Philip later moved to Fulton Co, IN to live with his son, Philip, who married Martha Mow and his eldest daughter, Susannah, who married John Sherrow and later William Peck; He died in Fulton Co in 1866 and was supposedly buried in Reichert cemetery (on the banks of the Tippecanoe). This cemetery has been heavily vandalized over the years and I've been unable to locate a stone for him, but Susannah and John are both buried there. The Joseph you mention who married Mary Arnett was the youngest brother of Christopher and Daniel. I've not been able to locate any info on him over the years, although an Arnett researcher I know seems to think both Marys were closely related, perhaps even sisters. My research is not very organized, but I will share anything I can; You can contact me using my direct email address. Michael Young
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donovanshelly... 1 Nov 2004 3:06AM GMT 
PaSain 3 Nov 2004 1:44AM GMT 
heavyhighway1... 6 Feb 2005 9:38AM GMT 
wagtag 7 Jan 2006 10:21PM GMT 
Stan_Folliss 7 Feb 2009 6:50PM GMT 
MichaelGaleYo... 8 Feb 2009 5:40PM GMT 
Stan_Folliss 7 Feb 2009 7:20PM GMT 
wream 1 Apr 2011 6:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic