Search for content in message boards

NEWBALL

NEWBALL

OMAR NEWBALL (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Newball
MY NAME IS OMAR NEWBALL I CURRENTLT LIVE IN FLORIDA AND I AM TRYING TO LOCATE ALL MY RELATIVE IN THE NEWBALL CLAN. iF YOU THINK YOU ARE ONE OF MY RELATIVE PLEASE CONTACT ME AT THE ABOVE E-MAIL THANK YOU. mY FAMILY COULD BE LOCATED IN U.S.A. SAN ANDRES, PROVIDENCE, CORN ISLAND, BLUE FIELD, CAYMAN ISLAND AND THE BAHAMAS.

Re: NEWBALL

Kelvin Newball (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 3:47AM GMT
Wassup Omar, you don't know me but we have the same last name. I here you are from Colombia so is mi mom. Well i think Newball comes from Scottland because my grandmother told me a story.

Hola Alberto si no me entiendes en Inglés to scribo en español, me llamo Kelin Newball y estoy curiosos de saber si tu eres un familiar mío ?? Goodbye....... Adios Parce

Frank NEWBALL

Joy Newball (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 2:29PM GMT
Hi Kelvin. Im Joy Newball. My fathers name is Alfredo Newball. His fathers name is Frank Newball. I have at least 10 uncles and 4 aunts with that last name . We just might be related. If we are, e-mail me and tell me more on your story. Same goes for Omar and others

Samuel NEWBALL & Joyce KEMBLE

Posted: 1 Jul 2002 11:29PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2002 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Newball, Kemble, Peinado
Hi, I am the maternal grandson of Samuel Newball and Joyce Kemble. My mother was born in the U.S. Panama zone in 1940 her name is Marva Maria Peinado de Newball. I am looking to trace my ancestry and find family in Cental/South America and the U.S.A. if possible. I am particularly interested in researching the Newball-Kemble line of ancestry. A relative of mine, J.C. Robinson had written a book on our family history (Robinson/Archbold/Newball) but I have not been able to locate that book. Any assistance would be great. And any connections I could make would be even better.

Thank You.

Re: Frank NEWBALL

Enrique C. Newball (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 4:20AM GMT
Hi Joy. Was Frank Newball's mother named Chelita Newball, and are his brothers, Willoby, Roosevelt Eugenio, Paulson, Edda, and Richmond?
Posted: 26 Sep 2008 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2008 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Newball, Robb
What's up Omar, my name is Johann Newball I was born in San Andres and I'm currently stationed in Miami. I see that this message was posted 10 years ago but it doesn't hurt to try. I am convinced you know my the folks I know. My mother is Loudell Robb and my fathers name is Ludric Newbal. My brother are Jeffrey and Jeremy newball. I can be contacted at johann.k.newball@uscg.mil or call me at 305-970-0453

Posted: 8 Jul 2010 9:00AM GMT
Surnames: Newball, Newbold
Hello...

My paternal grandfather was Roosevelt Barnes Newball from San Andres y Providencia. Could this be the same Roosevelt you referred to? He changed his surname to Newbold when he arrived in the US in the 1930's; he passed in approximately 1965. He had about 7 or more siblings. He had nieces Gloria and Avinel and nephew Danny, amongst others. Any info on other relatives would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 12:52PM GMT
Did you associate the Roosevelt Newball, that I mentioned with any of the other names as siblings?

If we are referring to the same person, his parents would have been Chelita and Eugene MacCarthy Newball.

Were the names Lemuel Newball, or Captain Tim, ever mentioned in your family oral history?

ROOSEVELT NEWBALL

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Newball -- Newbold
Hi Enrique

Thank you. Amazing! Those are my grandfather's siblings (per my father) and Chelita's name would have been a nickname for Conchetta. My dad can't remember his grandfather's name, but Eugene makes sense since his uncle was Eugenio/Eugene.

Have you ever heard of Daniel (Danny) and Felix Newball? They were brothers and my father's cousins. Danny is/was married to Rosemary and had a daughter. Felix was a captain who may have had some maritime/legal problem. How are they tied into the family, and are they still around?

I also have cousins Gloria and Avinell, two or three times removed. They have other siblings, but I don't know their names. How do they fit in?

My father never heard of Lemuel or Captain Tim, but he knew of a Nicasio Newball and a cousin Taylor who was about 7 feet tall. Are any of Roosevelt's siblings (my uncles/aunts) still alive?

Thanks.

Russ

Re: ROOSEVELT NEWBALL

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 12:07AM GMT
I have never lived in Providencia, just visited on school vacations when I was growing up. The last time I was there was 20 years ago. I still ocassionally contact a couple of relatives, so I will inquiry about Gloria, Avinell and Nicasio. It may not be that simple, because quite often people don't know they are related unless they are in the same branch. Never mind the same surname. They appear to be siblings on Concheta's branch (William Simeon Newball) as her nieces and nephew. If this is accurate they must have been at the end of their generation, because I know of a couple of their siblings who have passed and if they were alive they would be about 100. Two people I know as their newphew and niece are close to 80. They are definately related to Concheta, but I am not sure if they are nieces and nephew.

My dad, Jeronimo (Roni) Newball, would have known your great grandfather and grandfather.

The first time my dad went to sea was as a teenager on a schooner, captained by Lemuel Newball. My uncle James, the youngest in the family also went to sea on a vessel captained by Lemuel Newball. Who was Lemuel Newball? Lemuel Newball was their uncle. Their father, William (Captain Tim) Newball's brother. Lemuel Newball, was also your great-great granfather. He was one of six children, of 4 boys and 2 girls. Michael Jr., Lemech, Lemuel, William, Albina and Margarita.I don't know anything about Michael Jr,but have confirmed that Lemech, was also a sea captain.

LEMUEL NEWBALL (Children)

Ziporah
Ruth
Wilkie
Carlton
Lissette
Sarah
Deborah
Ina
Victor
Eugene MacCarthy (Children: Willoby, Roosevelt, Frank,
Eugenio, Paulson, Edda,Richmond). Note: Richmnond has a daughter also named Gloria.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions