Search for content in message boards

Daniel McDaniel

Daniel McDaniel

Al McDonald (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on Daniel McDaniel. He appeared on the Onslow Co. census from 1810 to 1840. On August 5, 1839, he married Holland Guthrie (second marriage?). They had a son Issac. Daniel died about 1848. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Daniel McDaniel

giles willis (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2002 2:30AM GMT
A person with that exact name was active in Carteret County in the 1720's. There may be a connection.

Jo Ann Newton Hunn (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2003 5:36PM GMT
Holland Guthrie McDaniel b about 1800 (She was 50 on the 1850 Onslow Co census) was my mother's great-great-grandmother through Holland's son William Thomas Guthrie & Polsey King. In Records of Onslow Co., page 1432, I found the following information:
Edward McDaniel & wife Roseland appointed guardians to Isaac McDaniel June 5, 1849.
I suspect Daniel McDaniel had died. Edward & Roseland were married 7 Feb. 1848 and Edward was possibly the son of Daniel by his first wife.

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: McDaniel, McDonald, Johnson
Hi Jo Ann,
I know this says Janet she is my cousin in Daytona and we share Ancestry. Daniel McDaniel was my GGGGgrandfather and the Edward Archibald McDaniel you mention is indeed Daniel and his first wife's son. I also see a question from my cousin Al McDonald on this link and he says Daniel probably died about 1848. The Stump Sound, Onslow, NC 1850 Census does show Holland Guthrie McDaniel age 50 and her son from a previous marriage William J. Guthrie and Issac McDaniel brother to Edward. I did send away for a copy of their marriage license and will send you a copy if you want, also have Edward and Rose's. Do you know the full name of Hollands first husband and her maiden name?
Edward and Rose (Barber) moved their family from NC to Florida in early 1850s and first show in the 1860 Port Orange, Volusia County, Census were he build a large hotel on the 69 acres he got in a federal land grant and the descendents of Edward still live in the Port Orange area. If you want to see a little bit more of them you can log onto my blog at http://portorangeted.blogspot.com/
I live in Atlanta but will retire next year and move back to Port Orange. I do a lot with the local P. O. Historical Society. I would love to know more about Holland Guthrie and any info on Daniels first wife, some think her name was Mary but I do not know. If interested I can send a pdf of Edwards section that show how they lived in Fl and influenced the area. To confuse the matter he changed the surname McDaniel to McDonald in the 1880s. Several versions of why but I researched the Volusia files and no official name change just mentioned in a 1884 deed.
I did contact Ora Smith with the Onslow Co., Historical But she thinks we are part of another Daniel McDaniel in NC. I will be glad to help in any way I can. I do most of the family history for the Johnson's and McDonald's and quite a few others.
Ted Johnson
770-979-0235
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions