Search for content in message boards

Descendants

Partons

Shirley Reed (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PARTON
Thank you so much Merrill. I appreciate your response. My partner back there must have gotten mixed up. He said he had been looking thru the delayed birth records and found a Manuel "Jasper" PARTON. He must have gotten mixed up. I know where Towns Co. is -- it was taken from Union Co and that is where my Partins were, although I think at some point they were up in NC -- death certificate of one child said father from Jackson but there was no Jackson then. Thanks again. If you happen to run across a Luther Parton, give me a yell, probably born sometime between 1870-1900.
Edited: 19 Mar 2002 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: PARTON, FREEMAN, HIGDON

Shirley, the Swain County Delayed Birth Records [which I just finished compiling last fall] list Manuel Rufus Parton as born in Bryson City 1884-03-21, the s/o Thad Parton and Margaret Higdon--both of Georgia [per his application]. However, an application of one of his sons gives the birthplace as Towns Co., Georgia.

The records lists the following children for Manuel and Sarah Elizabeth/Etta Freeman Parton: Edgar Nathanel, Edna, Frank, Fred, Grayson Roby, Harrie Malone,Ollie Mae, Ruby,Thad William, and Vesta Margaret.

I do not have any information on the son Russell.

Good luck on your search, Merrell Riddle

Descendants

Shirley Reed (View posts)
Surnames: PARTIN, PARTON, QUILLIAMS
Looking for descendants or info on MANUEL JASPER PARTON/PARTIN who came from somewhere in Ga so it is said and was the "beginning" of the PARTONS in Swain Co. Did he have a son named RUSSELL PARTON who married EGGIE (or AGGIE) QUILLIAMS? Would also like info on the QUILLIAM family in this area. Thanks.

Re: PARTON

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 11:50PM GMT
Hello, I have been trying to find out about some people in my family.This is what I have and maybe you can link them in someway.

Edgar Lawson Parton married Victoria Jenkins on June 24, 1899. I am told that Victoria was a Cherokee Indian. I believe that Edgar is either a Sr. or a Jr. Because Edgar Lawson Parton III is buired at our family grave site in Rutherford County, NC. Edgar III married Nancy Jane Knott on either Nov. 9, 1943 or Jan. 30, 1944. I also found a Edgar Parton with a DOB of May, 3 1919 and died in Oct. 1984. I also have several other Partons in my family.

If you believe these may be part of your family please let me know and maybe we can share our information.

Thank You
Sharon

Re: PARTON

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Parton
We are hoping this information might help with your search. Keith Parton, is my boyfriend & he's been asking questions as to his family prior to Manuel Rufus Parton. Most of the family has moved out of NC so we are left with blanks. Here is his lineage to Manuel.

Keith Parton, son of
Leonard Harrie Parton, son of
Harrie Malone Parton, son of
Malone Rufus Parton

Please let us know of any other information you might have. Thanks!
Becky Bumgarner & Keith Parton
email: becky.bumgarner@ymail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions