Search for content in message boards

Earl Boyles of north carolina, deceased.

Earl Boyles of north carolina, deceased.

joseph a everett (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 5:55AM GMT
Seeking the family of Earl Boyles. Earl and I worked in TV Broadcasting, WSWB TV Orlando Fl. Earl was a pioneer in early UHF TV, operating one of the first UHF's. He knew I was writing a book about broadcasting and that he would have a place in that story. I am anxious to obtain additional family information and material on his life. Would sincerely appreciate hearing from his family or friends of the family regarding contact information. Thank you. Joe Everett

Earl Boyles of NC deceased - answer

Dare Embry (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:19PM GMT
I am his daughter. What info are you looking for?

Dare Embry ,Daughter of earl Boyles

Joseph A. Everett (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2000 10:18AM GMT
Thank you for responding to my request for information about my friend and your father, Earl Boyles. I learned of his passing from Wayne Boyles. We lost track of each other sometime after I left orlando to work with the Turner Broadcasting Company. At the time WSWB TV had been off-air about two plus years and your Dad was living in Altamonte Springs. I am seeking information that will help tell the story of this "tough as nails/heart of gold man", that enriched the lives of those who were lucky enough to work with him, i.e., important details that describe Earl, info I have no knowledge of, biographical date, family relationships, how he moved through the world-the background and personality as you knew him, your strongest and most revealing impressions,where he grew up, parents, association with WLEX TV/WCOV TV and if Earl left any papers or records that will add to the material I already have. I certainly will value them highly and return them without fail and if you would part with it, a photo(around 1975)of Earl for my keeping. Your dad was one of my champions. The story of WSWB TV is an interesting one, and one most of the people involved were not aware of. It is my feeling Earl would want the story told. It is an important part of a book about TV broadcasting, some of the pioneers, and the good, the bad and the beautiful things that happened during my 30 plus years in the business. Earl's daughter, I'm pleased to meet you and thank you for answering my search. I look forward to hearing from you. Joe Everett. P O Box 80591 Chamblee Ga 30366-0591

My message # 109

Dare Embry (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 6:33AM GMT
Respectfully seeking your reply to my message. Sincerely, Joe Everett

Earl Boyles family

Dare Embry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 9:48AM GMT
Much success and happyness for the new year.

Earl Boyles

Dare Embry (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 10:17AM GMT
Sorry, I believe I messed up on the reply messages. I relayed the E mail back to my e mail box. Strickly my mess-up on two messages. Anyway, I do very much wish you great succes and happynessfor the new year and if you find a few minutes, possibly a rely, for which I will be forever greatful. Sincerely, Joe Everett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic