Search for content in message boards

Otis Edward Dasher

Otis Edward Dasher

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 11:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dasher, Sharrar, Tedford
Looking for anyone with information on my great grandfather, Otis Edward Dasher born in Kansas 1883, son of James K. Dasher and Martha Tedford Dasher, married to Blanche Sharrar Dasher.

Re: Otis Edward Dasher

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dasher, Sharrar, Tedford
HELLO harveyohana : Your name was sent to me by a cousin Linda Masoner. If you have any information concerning Otis Dasher I would appreciate hearing from you. Thank You, Darwin Dasher

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Dasher
I have some "data", may or may not be "information".

John Dasher

James Polk Dasher
b. Jun 1846
d.
& Martha Tedford
b. Jan 1851, IN, USA
d.
m.
Samuel Dasher
& Katherine Bates
Sarah Dasher
& Frank Henry
George T. Dasher
& Effie McNurlin
Otis Edward Dasher
b. Dec 1882, Osborne, Osborne, KA, USA
d.
& Blanche Sharrar
b. Mar 1886, Stanton, NE, USA
d.
m. 21 Feb 1906, Creston, NE, USA

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 8:22PM GMT
Thanks for the info..... more specifically, I am trying to find out what happened to Otis Edward Dasher or a date/place of death. I can not find any information on him after the 1920 Census. My grandfather had always told us that his father just "disappeared" one day and he never knew what happened to him. Just trying to solve an old family mystery. Thanks again!

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Dasher Sharrar Tedford
Actually Otis was my Grandfather. He had a son named Charles William born Aug 28,1908 died 1986. Born in Winner South Dakota, Died in Waldorf Maryland. Don't know if this is the same line. From what I have been able to find out about this Otis is that he left home one day in Peru Ne. and was never heard from again. My father Melvin was a brother to Charles. I believe that there are pictures of the boys in the Peru State College/high school annual. I have that annual somewhere. Not sure where. It has been some time since I have worked on this and I am old and forgetful. Sorry I don't have any more info an Otis. It has been a mystery to all of us who have done the research. You might be interested to know that We are part of the Tedfords who moved here from Ireland and four brothers were Officers in the Revolutioary War. Two were killed early in the war. One of the brothers,Captian John is the brother that our line has descended from. If you want any more information let me know. We may be related.

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 10:43PM GMT
Thanks so much! I am just beginning my research. Yes, this is definately the same line. The Charles Dasher that you referred to was my grandfather (my mother's father). I was very close to him growing up. I have not seen the photographs you spoke of and would love to see them, can I find them on ancestry.com? I also found some old pictures of my grandfather and his brothers I am planning on scanning them and including them on ancestry.com in the near future. I think one of them may be Melvin. I had discovered the Captain John Tedford link.... and found it fascinating, thanks for passing that on. I wish I could find out what happened to Otis, but I am glad that you heard the same story that I did. Also, I have heard that there was a "grandmother" somewhere on that side was a Native American indian, but I have not found documentation to support that. Thanks again, it looks like we are second cousins.

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 9:22PM GMT
Hello! My name is Jaylee! Otis Dasher is my grant grandfather as well. Frank Dasher, my grandfather was his son. I have some information that my Uncle, Frank's son, had given me years ago. I don't know what info your looking for exactly, but it looks like we are family :-)

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 1:09AM GMT
What was Frank's full name?

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 1:25AM GMT
I would love to know any information you have to share! My grandfather, Charles, was Frank's brother. He never knew what happened to his father, Otis.

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 2:40AM GMT
Frank Dale Dasher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic