Search for content in message boards

Fullers in Western NC Eastern TN

Fullers in Western NC Eastern TN

Barbara Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 1999 6:20PM GMT
My great grandmother, M.A. Fuller b/9/1/1846 married to J.B. Fuller b/3/29/1844 looking for any information. Buried Roundhill Cemetary, Bryson City, TN. Lived also in and around Maryville, Tn. J.B. Fuller died in prison/a moonshiner!

Lineage

Amanda Fuller (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1999 4:55PM GMT
I, also am a descendent of the family line that you seem to be interested in. Although being apart from my family I know little. I have only been able to go back as far as Fred and John A. Fuller who are brothers and I have their wives names also. They were born in the late 1800's and early 1900's. I rememebr my uncle having a picture of them on their moonshine wagons etc. But I don't know of the person you speak. Our family is from Maryville, Tn as far as I know. I don't know of any in North Carolina. Maybe after more resaerch we can compare and share.

Fullers In Maryville, Tennessee

Barbara Smith (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1999 6:44PM GMT
Amanda, I feel that we must be related. I think the Fred and John Fuller that you have information on were the grandchildren of J.B. Fuller and Marintha. Please email me at Bsmith2340@aol.com and I will be happy to share any information that I have on the Fullers with you!

Fuller Family

Lois Clark (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 1999 2:25PM GMT
Father - Fredrick John Fuller born Canton Oh
Mother - Jean Margaret Mahaffey born Canton Oh
Grandfather - Louis J Fuller - German ancestry.

Fullers in Maryville

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 10:29AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 5:30AM GMT
Dear Barbara,
P> My fiance is the grandson of Fred Milton Fuller, born 17 Dec 1916 in Maryville. His parents were John Arthur Fuller, born 7 March 1879 and died 27 Feb 1954, buried at Clarke's Grove Cemetary and Della Stinnett. Fred's siblings were:
Jess, died Okla.
Verle
Rufus
Will (Jabbo)
John Ellis (Burnt as a baby near the fireplace and died)
Nettie m) Walter Lee
Nellie Belle m) ____Godfrey
Nola m)____Berry
Grace m)____Morton

Do you know the parents of John Arthur?
My fiance says he remembers something about J.B. (brother to his grandfather of great grandfather?) killing a woman and hurting himself as he was jumping off the porch leaving, so was captured and sent to prison. What do you know? Please email me at REBBMOSS@MSN.COM Thanks, Rebecca

Amanda from your cousin

Posted: 2 Jan 2000 10:43AM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2001 5:30AM GMT
Amanda, My fella, Dwight, aka:Butch,says hello.

FULLER

Rebecca Moss > re: Butch (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 5:52PM GMT
Butch,
How have you been? I can't believe that you guys wrote!! This is just the best. Okay, e-mail me at AmandaJF@aol.com so we can be in touch. Thanks for writing.

same name

Amanda Susan Fuller (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 8:49AM GMT
Hi stranger!

I thought I would write a little note to you, since we both share the same name. I have always found it very interesting to learn there is another Amanda Fuller in the world. Apparently there is quite a few in this world. I am 25 years old and live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Get back to me. I know our Fuller line don't match, but thought you might enjoy talking to another Amanda.

Bye

Amanda Susan Fuller

Re: Fullers in Western NC Eastern TN

Posted: 1 Oct 2001 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jun 2002 8:19PM GMT
I don't know if this means anything or not, but my Grandmother Fuller was very good at making a living in an area of Kentucky where there was not much of a choice to do to make a living. She ran a boarding house, she grew her own food, made all her children's clothing as well as feather beds, pillows, etc., she made her own butter, made her own soap both for laundry and bathing, canned food and stored it in a cellar, had her own pack mules on which the older children drove the mules and sold what she had in excess at a market in Isom, Kentucky. With the money she got for the excess vegetables and fruits, she bought staples such as sugar salt and flour. Behind her log home, there was an ice cold mountain spring, she had fruit trees, of course, she had a cow, chickens, and raised her own beef and pork. She was one of the cleanest, most industrious women I've ever known, and she also made money by selling home made whiskey. Besides all her work to do to feed and clothe her family, she was always telling stories and played a hand made dulcimer. I loved her more than I can say, and it's possible this Fuller you've mentioned is related in some way. I can tell you that my Grandmother later married a Potter who was a US Marshall and continued to sell her liquid goods. It wasn't uncommon for this type of thing to go on in the mountains of Ky. My email is yeahpotter@yahoo.com if you'd like to share some information. My Mother is still living at 89 years of age, and she is very aware and bright as well as spry about getting around. She may have some information about things although their generation thinks different than ours about certain things. We think of things as historical and just colorful, but some of the older generation think some things are scandals and shouldn't be told.

Re: Fullers In Maryville, Tennessee

mary railo (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I was reading your post, and I'm curious if J.B. Fuller is the son of Ruff and Pearl Fuller. They were my aunt and uncle. My father is Jesse Elmore Fuller. Thanks in advance.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic