Search for content in message boards

James J. Russel lineage

James J. Russel lineage

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 3 Nov 2003 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Wolfcale
I need information on the lineage of my 4th GGrandfather, JAMES J. RUSSEL. Born: c1789 M: Jane (Agnes) Wolfcale. JAMES was born in PA and JANE born in VA. They were married in Mahoning Co., OH 28JUN1810. Need lineage of JAMES. JAMES RUSSELL served in the War of 1812 and was a first pioneer of Mahoning County, OH. All information greatly appreciated. Very much in need of lineage. Thank you.

Re: James J. Russel lineage

Jim Rutledge (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Nov 2003 10:13PM GMT
looking for Possible connection Alanson E. Russel 1880 Indiana Census has his age at 63 he came from NY wifewas Caroline E age 57 from VA his son Palmer P Russel is my GGrandfather Patrick had a sister Emma O. Russel age 27

Posted: 1 May 2003 8:05AM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2004 10:00AM GMT
Surnames: Russel, Wolfcale
To Whom It May Concern: I know of no similiar names in my line of Russels. My Russel ancestor; James settled in Trumbull County c1806. My Russel lineage goes back to a Robert Russel born 1704 in Scotland. His son Andrew settled in Washington County, PA and died there in 1814. His son Robert died in Beaver County, PA 1820. His son James Woodburn Russel married Jane Wolfcale in 1810 in Warren, Trumbull County, Ohio. They are my 4th greatgrandparents and were the parents of Caroline Russel Randolph.

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 3:19PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2006 8:39PM GMT
My two great grandfather, James M. Russell, was born in Trumbull County June 19, 1821. He married Mary E. Gleason from Madison County, N.Y. They lived in Paulding County, Ohio. In an 1882 book about Brown Township, Paulding County and its representative families, his parent are listed as James W. and Jean Ann Wolfcale Russell. This seems to be the same family as yours.

T Fullam (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 4:35PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2003 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Russel, Fullam
Do you have a Julia Russel in your lineage anywhere? I have a G g Grandmother named Julia Russel Fullam who married a Robert Fullam in 1850 in New York City in St Mary's between ridge and grand st's in lower manhatttan. Tom thetribe@catskill.net

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2006 8:39PM GMT
I don't know of anyone by that name, however, I'm only slowly filling in my Russell/Russel lineage. Sorry

T Fullam (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2003 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2003 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: russel
Hi, I fully understand. Please keep that name in the back of your mind in case you run accross that name. How about a Ann Russel ?? This name was a witness at the wedding and on board the packet ship Victoria which my g g grandfather was on coming to America in 1846 out of Liverpool England. She was in the same steering compartment as he was. I believe she is related to Julia. Tom thetribe@catskill.net

Elizabeth Russell Forsyth (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 2:55PM GMT
My Irish immigrant Russells (James, Patrick, Michael, Edward, Timothy and Catherine) came to the US in the late 1840's - early 1850's. Pretty much all their first born daughters were named Julia and first born sons, Thomas. Obviously, I'm assuming their parents' names were Thomas and Julia. I have all of them in DE abt. 1854 working for DuPont and then most migrated up to Hoboken, NJ. I saw your thread on Julia and felt I must jump in and see if any of my names fit in with yours.

If you need further information, just yell.

T Fullam (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2003 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Russel, Fullam
Hi Elizabeth, All I have on my G G grandmother is that she married Robert Fullam in 1850 in new york and they had several children. here is the names of the childrens names
1 John Fullam
2 Michael Fullam
3 Robert Fullam
4 Christopher Fullam
5 Margarett Fullam
6 Kate Fullam
7James Fullam
8 Sarah Fullam Note James and Sarah were twins
9 Joseph Fullam

I also had an Ann Russel as witness at the wedding and she was on board with Robert Fullam when he left ireland aboard the packet ship Victoria in 1846

Elizabeth Forsyth (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2003 6:27PM GMT
I can't make a connection yet until more information is known unfortunately. I will keep your line for future use.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions