Search for content in message boards

Alexander MCINTOSH and Isobel CAIRNS, Scotland, 1700's

Alexander MCINTOSH and Isobel CAIRNS, Scotland, 1700's

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: MCINTOSH, CAIRNS, MOFFAT, PRYDE, STEWART
Looking for info on the above, who were married in 1777 in Newbattle, Scotland. Their children were Christian, born March 23, 1781; John, born January 23, 1783; George, born July 16, 1787; Janet, born May 26, 1790; and Richard, born June 10, 1793. I descend from John, who married Anne MOFFAT. Descending generations were Alexander MCINTOSH and Beatrix PRYDE, then John MCINTOSH and Marion STEWART. All were from Newbattle or Dalkeith, Scotland. Anyone w/ any info about any of the above, please contact me.

Re: Alexander MCINTOSH and Isobel CAIRNS, Scotland, 1700's

Scott McIntosh U. E. (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2002 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: McIntosh, MacIntosh, MacKintosh
Please contact me send your e mail address to scottmcintoshue@auracom.com
I would like to see more as Alexander McIntosh was the Brother to my Finlay McIntosh they had both searved in Lord MacDonald's Highlanders 76th Regement at The Battle of Bunker Hll June 17, 1775 and The Battle of Yorkstown Va. Oct 1781Lord Cornwallis surendered they where POW's for 2 years and evacuated New York to Shelburne , Nova Scotia
Alexander sold his farm to Finlay McIntosh .
Finlay stayed his brothers John and Alexander moved to the Ontario / New York boarder area John had invented The McIntosh Apple . did you know of this ?
contact scottmcintoshue@auracom.com

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 12:44AM GMT
I don't think you're speaking of the same Alexander McIntosh. My Alexander McIntosh was born in 1757 in Scotland. During the years 1781 thru 1793, his five children were all born in Newbattle, Scotland. If you have information to the contrary, please reply.

Alan Brian McIntosh (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2002 3:54AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2004 3:34AM GMT
would like to know if you could tell where this family went,latest dates known to connect to my grandparents.

Scott McIntosh U. E. (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2002 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: McIntosh , MacIntosh, MacKintosh
Alexander McIntosh was the brother of my GGGG Great Grandfarther Finlay McIntosh both and Brother John McIntosh where in the 76th Highland Regement and landed in Shelburne Nova Scotia on Nov.5th 1783 .
They arived in Boston the day before The Battle of Bunker Hill and then went to New York later The Battles of Yorktown
where Lord Cornwallis surendered to Washington then the three McIntosh Brothers and their Scotish Wives where POW's for two years before going to Shelburne NS they lived there with the Loyalists for twelve years then they all where
the first settlers of Port Joli, Nova Scotia Alexander & John moved to Ontario about 1811 Please e mail me at:
scottmcintoshue@auracom.com Please
Scott McIntosh U. E.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: MCINTOSH, CAIRNS
Alan,
Numerous descendents have resulted from this couple, mainly in Scotland, England, and the USA. For many generations, the family were coalminers. My particular branch remained in Scotland until the 1860's, when they immigrated to the USA. Alexander and Isobel had five known children: John, b in 1778; Christian, b in 1781; George, b in 1787; Janet, b in 1789; and Richard, b in 1793. All were born in Newbattle, Midlothian (formerly Edinburghshire), Scotland. Please feel free to contact me if you think there's a connection.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: MCINTOSH
Scott,

Sorry, but as indicated in my previous message, your Alexander MCINTOSH does not appear to be the same as mine. Please refer to the message I posted earlier today. All children born to my Alexander MCINTOSH were born in Scotland, most during the time period you mention that your Alexander was in the USA. Please see the IGI for details on many w/ the name Finlay MCINTOSH, mostly originating from Invernesshire.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2002 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: MCINTOSH, CAIRNS, STEWART
After re-reading your original message and my earlier reply today, I thought I'd pass along the children of John MCINTOSH and Marion STEWART. They are: Janet, b 1854 in Dalkeith, Scotland; Beatrice, b 1856; Alexander, b 1859 in Dalkeith; Thomas, b 1865. Following immigration to the USA, this couple had 2 additional children: John, b abt 1871 in Ohio; and Robert, b 1876 in Ohio. What are your grandparents' names and from where do they hail? I have records of numerous other descendents of Alexander MCINTOSH and Isobel CAIRNS.

Posted: 18 May 2010 6:12PM GMT
good afternoosn. i realize this messaage is very late, but hope you get it OK. I have been searching for info on my ggggrandfather, Finlay McIntosh. Info that I have says he was born in Inverness-shire in 1780. Possibly his middle name was Alexander & his father's name may be the same. Don't know how or when he came to North America, but have all the family info from Oct 1802 when he married Jerusha Robb in Nova Scotia Canada. Have all their children etc. He was reportedly drowned in Lake Erie in 18-19. Can't find anything on his or Jerusha's family or where she was born. If any of this sounds familiar, I'd appreciate any help you may be able to give me, thanks, Marilyn

Posted: 18 May 2010 6:13PM GMT
good afternoon. I realize this messaage is very late, but hope you get it OK. I have been searching for info on my ggggrandfather, Finlay McIntosh. Info that I have says he was born in Inverness-shire in 1780. Possibly his middle name was Alexander & his father's name may be the same. Don't know how or when he came to North America, but have all the family info from Oct 1802 when he married Jerusha Robb in Nova Scotia Canada. Have all their children etc. He was reportedly drowned in Lake Erie in 18-19. Can't find anything on his or Jerusha's family or where she was born. If any of this sounds familiar, I'd appreciate any help you may be able to give me, thanks, Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions