Search for content in message boards

stewart family---natchez, mississippi

stewart family---natchez, mississippi

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on my father in laws family. His name is Woodrow Stewart, his father was Charlie Stewart and his father was John Stewart.. I barely have any info on them because no one has kept info on them. My father in law doesn't have much info for me to go on. So this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. If anyone has any info it will be much appreciated.

Dana Stewart

Re: stewart family---natchez, mississippi

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 1:38PM GMT
Hi Dana,

It might be helpful to have either your husband, or father-in-law take a DNA test. There are a lot of Stewarts coming from Ireland, and settling in different parts of the US. I can give you a starting point because I have a John Stewart in my family tree. I also have a Charles Elmer Stewart in my tree, who was my grandfather....John Stewart B: 1743 in Procoles, Atrim County, Ireland
D: 1818 in Ireland...Hope this is of some help, but do suggest a DNA test in order to find the right branch to follow.

Let me know, and keep in touch.

Phyllis (Stewart) Lester

Re: stewart family---natchez, mississippi

Posted: 7 May 2014 5:06PM GMT
Thank you for your help. I don't think a DNA test is something they would ever do. But it is a great idea. My father in law did say his grandfather came from Ireland and remembers speaking in that accent. I hope someday soon I can find something for him to see. Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions