Search for content in message boards

Casey family in Lurgan

Casey family in Lurgan

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Casey
I am trying to find details of the Casey family of Lurgan; children of Margaret McEnoy (McAnoy or other variations) and Patrick Casey, who were married on 14th April 1920 at St. Peter's RC Church, Lurgan. I believe they had eight children: Joseph, Margaret, Gerald, Kathleen, May, Lily, Eileen and Angela. The only ones I have any information on are Kathleen and May. Kathleen married James Ferris and died on 6th November 1995, aged 71. As far as I am aware her sister, May, emigrated to Canada in the 1950s and died there at a reasonably young age. Any information concerning the family would be most welcome.

Re: Casey family in Lurgan

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 10:01PM GMT
I am Gerald casey. If patriciataylor49 could send me a PM. We could have a chat. Thanks

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:23PM GMT
Hello. My name is Kirk Casey. I live near Philadelphia in Pennsylvania, USA. I've traced my own Ancestry back to a Patrick Casey and Ruth 'Ellen' White who came over from Lurgan in around 1870 to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Patrick Casey's parents were Michael Casey and Alice Taylor of Lurgan, Co Armagh, Northern Ireland. I am curious if in your research, you've maybe come across a common ancestor. I would appreciate any information you may have. Feel from to message me on Ancestry and then I'll give you my email address from there. Happy Researching. Take care.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 9:33PM GMT
While Lurgan is a large town in County Armagh, it was also a registration district, so while yur Patrick Casey & Ellen White's marriage may have been registered in Lurgan, they could likely have been one from any number of surrounding townlands.

In Griffiths Valuation, I find a Patrick Casey in Charlemont, Loughgall which may fit. There is also one in Tannaghmore South, Lurgan.

In the Freeholder Records, in 1796, there is a Patrick Casey & Hugh Casey in Benburb, Clonfeacle Parish, across the river from Charlemont to be of the same family as above.

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 11:33PM GMT
I appreciate the info Eileen! Actually, I think my Patrick Casey is the one in Tannaghmore South, Lurgan because I do have a Griffiths Valuation record for Alice (Taylor)Casey his mother for Tannaghmore South in Lurgan. I have a feeling that Patrick's father Michael (husband of Alice) had passed away by this point because there are no Michael Caseys that I could find. Thanks again for the info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions