Search for content in message boards

Surnames: Petric, Soljan, Zaninovic, Pasalic, Grubisic

Hazel Petrie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:49AM GMT
I am researching the Petric, Soljan and Zaninovic families of the island of Hvar - especially those from the Starigrad area (hamlets include Selca, Grblje, Rudine) and, separately, the Covic, Pasalic and Grubisic families of Tucepi in the Makarska area of Dalmatia.
Brothers Ante and Fabian Petric came to New Zealand around the turn of the 20th century, as did Nikola, Luka and sister, Ivka Covic.
Relatives are known to have gone to the USA, South America (Argentina?) and Australia. Contact would be most welcome.

Surname: Pasalic

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: PASALIC, PASSALICK
Hi,
Have read your entry re research of PASALIC from the Isle of Hvar. My GGrandfather's name was PASSALICK (which I am presuming to be an anglicized version of PASALIC) who stated on his naturalisation certificate to have come from the Isle of Vis, Lisa, Austria. As these islands are not far apart I was wondering if there could be any connection.
Unfortunately I do not have any of his details from Austria.

Grubisic u Sibeniku, Bilice

Martina Grubisic (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grubisic

Najveca populacija prezimena Grubisic nalazi se pored Sibenika, zaseok Bilice. Nagadja se da je to jedno od plemena koji su u Hrvatsku dospjeli iz Hercegovine pred najezdom Turske vlasti i zbog neplodnosti tla.
Ako tko ima neku drugu informaciju vezanu uz to pleme
Grubisic, neka mi slobodno javi.

Puno fala

Grubisic origins

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: GRUBISIC, GRUBER
My cousin John GRUBISIC wanted me to reply to your message. He's quite curious about your branch of our family and wants to know where you and your family live. Who are your grandparents? If you write back to me, the easiest way for him to get the message would be if you join the Croatia message list--this is the Croatia board and it's much slower.

John GRUBISIC says: I have a history from a book about the origin of the Grubisic and Jacovic families. The GRUBISIC name is from Germany, originally GRUBER. One man came to Zadar, Croatia, and his sons went especially to Macarsca and to Rijeka. That's where the GRUBISIC 's began in Croatia. The Macarsca man's sons went to the border of Bosnia and Croatia and to Politza, and to other places. There were 9 sons from this family. 2 brothers went to Yabuka, 2 went to Herzegovina, one went to Ottok Bratch.

Ivanko GRUBISIC : Ja imma povesta ud GRUBISIC i JACOVIC od Nematchka u zadat Dalmaticia. To ye kako GRUBISIC doshla u Hrvatski. GRUBISIC i Nematchka i GRUBER. Oni u doshli u Zadar, negovi sinu doshla u Macarsca i Rijeka. Od Macarsca granitsa Bosnia u Hrvatska selo Poljca, bilo devat sinova u nego. Dva sinu doshla u Yabuka, dva sinu doshla u Hertzegovina, i yedan ishla u Ottok Bratch. Pismo ili Ashley u Hrvatska list u Rootsweb.

Grubisic

Martina Grubisic (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: grubisic
THANK YOU FOR RESPONIDING ME ON MY MESSAGE.
I HAVE ANSWERS ON YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING MY SIDE OF FAMILY GRUBISIC. WELL AS FAR AS I KNOW MY FAMILIY LIVEC IN BILICE BY SIBENIK. MY GRANDFATHER'S NAME WAS JURE AND HIS FATHER'S NAME WAS DANE. AND THERE ARE NOT ONLY AS THERE, WE ARE ALL RELATED THERE IN SOME WAY, BUT FRO AS THEY SAY THAT WE ARE COMING FROM HERZEGOVINA, ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T CHECK MY INFORMATION COMPLETLEY. ME AND MY FAMILY, MY MOTHER AND BROTHER ARE LIVING IN NYC RIGHT NOW, WE CAME HERE 1, 5 HALF YERS AGO, WE USED TO LIVE IN BILICE, WE HAVE OUR LAND THERE AND OUR HOUSE AS WELL.

THANK YOU AGAIN AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN:)

BEST REGARDS

BOG

MARTINA

Blazevic

Klaudija Blazevic (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: Blazevic
Hi, I'm Klaudija Blazevic and 28 years old. My father told me once a story.It began in the year 1600 in Bosnia. It was the time of Turkish occupation. There were two Brother's named Blazevic.They had to pay tax, duty to the turkish people.But they had no mony, so they killed one of the duty
officer. Both run away from execute direction crotia and stoped near Makarska, where they establish'd there own family.That's what I know about us Blazevic.
I'm so sorry, my english is bad. By.

Re: Surname: Zaninovic

joanne beeston (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Zaninovic, Tomazina
I am from the Australian line of Zaninovic, Buzolic, and related to the Zaninovic, Petric Tomazina of Argentina. Would love to hear from any one. The parents were Bartul Zaninovic Buzolic and Vica Dulcic-Jujak from Starigrad, Is of Hvar, they were landowners had vineyards. They had 9 children.

Re: Surname: Zaninovic

Hazel (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 9:47PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Zaninovic, Zann, Petrie
Hi Joanne
I have been in contact with some of the other Australian Zaninovich (Zann) descendants and feel sure there must be a connection with our (my husband's) family, but the exact links are hard to locate. My husband's grandfather, Tony Petrie (nee Ante Petric from the village of Selca in the parish of Starigrad) had two great-grandmother's who were Zaninovich, one of his sisters married a Zaninovich and another sister married a Dulcich.
I am currently away from home and answering this remotely from my laptop but if you could provide some dates from the couple you mention (of birth, marriage, birth dates of children etc) I will check my files more thoroughly when I get home. I have also had contact with someone of Dulcich descent in the USA who may be interested in hearing from you.

PS - what state are you in?

for now
Hazel

Re: Grubisic (Ignatius C'Zarnecke)

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 5:24AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2006 2:19AM GMT
Surnames: C'Zarnecki, Zarnecke, Jarnecke, Lusesynska
Cheers! I hope you are still available. I am looking for relations in Bilice back in 1891. Would you know how to get this information? The name is Ignatius C'Zarnecke and Apallonia Lusesynska. Both born around 1860-1865. The came to America in 1891.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

Re: Grubisic origins

Posted: 1 Mar 2007 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2007 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Grumer, Grubisic, Grubjesevitz
GRUBER- on German means "mine". GRUBISIC family comes from Bosansko Olovo (near Sarajevo).They had a mine in Bosansko Olovo- it was a noble family. After turkish people came to Bosnia (14.century),4 of 5 brothers went to Croatia.
One to Makarska,two to Sibenik and the third one went to Velika Popina (place in Lika,maybe he moved to Rijeka, it is near) and married very rich wife and changed his religion to orthodox.
According to some books GRUBISIC surname comes from Hungary (Grubjesevitz), and they moved in 9-th century to Bosnia.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions