Search for content in message boards

Aquart and Doussard

Aquart and Doussard

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendants of Raymond Aquart and his wife Mary Theresa Angelina Louise Doussard. They arrived in St. Clair County, Illinois around 1850 from the island of Saint Lucia in the Caribbean. They had 4 children who lived to adulthood:

Raymond Hippolite
Corinne (who became a nun)
Arthur
Albert (born in Illinois)

Raymond, Arthur and Albert ended up in Missouri, while Corinne moved to Maryland, where she became Sister Mary Antoinette with the School Sisters of Notre Dame.

I'm trying to fit Raymond into my tree, but have a road block when trying to establish his parentage. I have a lot of information on the Aquarts in Saint Lucia that I would be happy to share.

Angelina Doussard had a brother, Lucien, also from Saint Lucia, who married a local St. Clair Illinois girl, Martha Bornman.

Re: Aquart and Doussard

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 10:43PM GMT
My maiden name is Doussard and I was born in St. Clair County, Illinois in 1952. My grandfather's name was Raymond and he worked for the Union Pacific Railroad. There aren't very many people named Doussard in this country and whenever I meet someone with the name I figure we are related somehow. My Grandfather had a brother named Jim and two sisters, Norma and Jean. I don't know if this helps at all. I think maybe we are related to Lucien somehow.

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 3:13AM GMT
Lovely to hear from you! I have been corresponding with Lisa Doussard Plegge and between the two of us, we have figured out the connections back to the island of St. Lucia. We don't have a common ancestor, but are connected by marriage. Are you in touch with Lisa?

You information does help and I see your grandfather on the tree that Lisa provided to me. His wife's name was VASHTI WHITSELL, is that correct?

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 1:29PM GMT
Vashti was my grandmother. She died when I was an infant. I will contact my dad and try to obtain more info. I do not know Lisa.

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Doussard
Hi,

I'm the Lisa that Cathy mentioned in her earlier reply. I've been in contact with John Raymond and Sandy (your father and stepmother?) as well as others in this line and would love to exchange information with another interested family member. Happy to send along the latest info Cathy and I have put together on the Doussards if you'll contact me directly at ldplegge@gmail.com.

Thanks for reaching out. I look forward to comparing notes with you.

Lisa Doussard Plegge

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:28PM GMT

Posted: 17 May 2013 10:42PM GMT
I am looking for any information on my second great grandmother Isabella Maria Aquart who married Manuel Rodrigues in Grenada.
Thank you

Posted: 21 May 2013 3:32PM GMT
Thanks for your message. I do have information on your grandmother and her ancestors. I'll send you a message this evening

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:37PM GMT
Hi again Steeletara (Tara?),

Great to hear from you. I have several posts around the place looking for La Place and Rodrigues descendants. Isabella Maria was the sister of my great grandfather x2, Peter Francis Aquart. There was also another sister, Mary Angelina Aquart, who married a George LaPlace. I have Isabella's birthdate as 14 October 1872 and her marriage date to Manuel as 09 Feb 1893. Mary Angelina married 26 Jul 1893. Their father was Louis Dorville Aquart and their mother Angelique Margaret Bartholomew.

I have other things that I can share and would love to hear what you can tell me. If you would contact me at caquart at uvic dot ca then that might be easier.

Cathy

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:38PM GMT
Thanks Gregory!

Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic