Search for content in message boards

Stephen PAYNE/PAINE, An Original Settler of Rehoboth

Stephen PAYNE/PAINE, An Original Settler of Rehoboth

barbara headle (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Aug 2001 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: PAINE, PAYNE
I am looking for any inforamtion regarding Stephen Paine 1 and Stephen Payne 2; arriving in Hingham, Ma.,from England in 1638 (sailed on ship the "Dilligent", John Martin, Master). Father and son settled in Rehoboth, Bristol COunty ca. 1643/44. Both purchased land in Attleboro, Rehoboth, Swansea. Both served in public offices. It is presumed that Stephen Paine 1, "purchased" land from Wampanoag Indians, specifically, from Wamsitta, a son of Massasoit. Any further information related to these transactions is very much needed.

Stephen Paine family

Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: PAIN, PAINE
Have you visited this website, which has an extensive history of this Bristol Co. family?
http://www.mossbay.com/paine/

I am hoping to find a connection to Thomas and David Paine, brothers born in 1758 and 1762 in Freetown.

Re: Stephen PAYNE/PAINE, An Original Settler of Rehoboth

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2013 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Paine
I saw your old message about Stephen Paine,Payne. I didn't know if you needed any information now? I have a relative that wrote a book about Stephen Payne/Paine Senior. It is written by George Medley Paine. I beieve he is a distant? cousin. The book is very extensive, but I looked and it is the same Stephen you were looking for. Maybe you have found all your information by now. I haven't been in to Genealogy till this morning I started looking again. Our family came here and ended up in Marietta, OH. Let me kn ow if there is any information you need.

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 11:05PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2013 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Paine
In researching for my book about Old Barrington Road (wampanoag trail (RI Rte 114))I discovered I live in what was one of Stephens Rehoboth plots. His son Nathaniel lived here also and sold part of his farm to his son Peleg who was a Rev war vet. It was still an active farm until recently and is ajacent to my land in now East Providence.

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 5:16AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2013 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: Paine
I am a descendant of Stephen Paine (with family genealogy records)and would love to see the graves/plots you are speaking of. My records show that Stephen Paine I died Aug 16, 1679 and Stephen Paine II Jan. 1696 or 1697? both in Rehoboth, Ma. I live in NC but am traveling through on July 31, 2013. I would enjoy learning more about this part of my family.

Sincerely,
Carolyn Z
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions