Search for content in message boards

NAVE in Walker Co GA

NAVE in Walker Co GA

Posted: 14 Nov 2002 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2005 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: NAVE DAVIS
Looking for info on the family of William R NAVE and Catherine DAVIS. Catherine born in Walker Co in 1850. They are married and raising children in Walker by 1880. Children are Calvin, Mary, Jesse, John, Cordelia, Gordon, Charlie, Lizzie & William NAVE. Jesse's raised his family there too. Jesse's children are Clarkie, Earl, Reba, Mabel, Max, & Dora NAVE.

Re: NAVE in Walker Co GA

Posted: 29 Nov 2002 10:25PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2003 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Nave, Brown
Lee, my aunt was married to Vosgan Avakin Nave, son of Willie (William?) Nave and Carrie Bell Crisp.

1. WILLIE1 NAVE He married CARRIE BELL CRISP.

Children of WILLIE NAVE and CARRIE CRISP are:\

i. VOSGAN AVAKIN2 NAVE, b. April 07, 1920, Spring City, Tennessee; d. September 1984, Spring City, Tennessee; m. VIRGINIA JO BROWN, November 28, 1946, Chickamauga, Georgia; b. November 29, 1930, Chickamauga (Walker County), Georgia.

Notes for VIRGINIA JO BROWN:
"Jenny" was born at home. Delivered by Dr. Shields.

Primary places of work were: Chrystal Springs Bleachery (Chickamauga, GA); Mount Vernon Mills (Chickamauga, GA).

Primary Sources of Information on Jenny were: Interview with Jenny, Bible, marriage certificate, birth certificate

ii. MARIETTA NAVE.
iii. EARL CLAUDE NAVE.
iv. ARBIE NAVE.
v. DALLAS NAVE.
vi. IMOGENE NAVE.

Vosgan and Jenny divorced (not sure if it was sometime in the 1950's or 1960's). They had three children. His brother Dallas just died in the past few years. I have his obit somewhere.

My grandfather's mother (he grew up thinking she was his sister we believe) married Charles Preston Nave. I don't know who his parents were, but my mother said that Charlie (Charles Preston Nave) was Vosgan's uncle. Don't have too much on them, but what I have is:

Descendants of Charles Preston Nave

1. CHARLES PRESTON1 NAVE was born February 17, 1883, and died December 10, 1970. He married MARY LOUISINDIA "CINDY" BROWN, daughter of DAVID BROWN and SARAH FREEMAN. She was born March 15, 1883, and died May 23, 1976.

More About CHARLES PRESTON NAVE:
Burial: Unknown, Chickamauga Cemetery; Chickamauga, Georgia

More About MARY LOUISINDIA "CINDY" BROWN:
Burial: Unknown, Chickamauga Cemetery; Chickamauga, Georgia

Children of CHARLES NAVE and MARY BROWN are:
i. CECIL L.2 NAVE, b. January 22, 1909; d. March 1976; m. ADDIS ?.
ii. LOLA NAVE, m. HOLMAN GROCE.
iii. MILDRED NAVE.
iv. PRESTON NAVE, m. GRACE COCHRAN.
v. JANIE NAVE, m. EUGENE CAUTHORNE.
vi. LEAFY NAVE, m. ROY GROCE.
vii. QUINTON DAVID NAVE, b. December 18, 1919; d. May 26, 1979; m. EUNICE H. ?; b. August 23, 1926.

More About QUINTON DAVID NAVE:
Burial: Unknown, Chickamauga Cemetery (Walker County), Georgia

viii. LUCILE NAVE, m. ANDY ACKERMAN.
ix. JESSIE NAVE, m. WILLIAM HOLCOMBE.

I'll keep an eye out for other Nave info. and forward a copy of this to another aunt who might know some more about the Naves

Tony Pope
Pope1966@aol.com

NAVE in Walker Co GA

Posted: 30 Nov 2002 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: NAVE
I believe the Willie Nave you describe is the youngest son of the William R Nave I'm researching. My uncle found a book in the Rhea Co library that lists deaths and one with death certificate extracts. He found William Arthur Nave born 7-Dec-1892 and died 2-Dec-1946. I had nothing on his children so I really appreciate your info.
I believe your Charles Preston Nave is the "Uncle Charlie" my grandfather spoke of. I have info on his siblings and parents:

William R NAVE Born Apr 1845 in TN
Died 22 Nov 1901 buried Lafayette, Walker Co, GA
Married Catherine Born 1852 in Walker Co, GA
Died 27 Apr 1928 buried Spring City Cem., Rhea Co, TN

Chidren
Calvin J NAVE Born 1 Sep 1867 in TN
Died 11 Aug 1926 Centre Point, Baptist Church, Lafayette, GA
Spouse: Nina
Mary NAVE Born 1870 in TN
Died
Spouse: maybe William FILLERS
Jesse NAVE Born Jun 1873 in GA
Died
Spouse 1: Ethyl NEYMAM
Spouse 2: maybe Jannie S FITTERS
John NAVE Born 1875 in GA
Died
Spouse: maybe Mary COUCH
Cordelia NAVE Born 1880 in GA
Died 1951 buried Centre Point, Baptist Church, Lafayette, GA
Spouse 1: J B BLACK
Spouse 2: ___ COLLINS
Gordon NAVE Born Apr 1882 in GA
Died: 1915 buried Spring City Cem, Rhea Co, TN
Spouse: maybe Tennie JAY
Charlie P NAVE Born 17 Feb 1883 in GA
Died 10 Dec 1970 Chickamauga Cem. Section C, Chickamauga, GA
Spouse: Mary L BROWN
Lizzie NAVE Born Feb 1887 in GA
Died
Spouse: maybe Gid CHASTAIN
William NAVE Born Dec 1891 in GA
Died 2 Dec 1946 buried Spring City Cem., Rhea Co, TN
Spouse: Carrie CRISP

I am descended from Jesse NAVE.
I am trying to find the parents of William R NAVE and Catherine DAVIS so I appreciate all the info you gave me. If you have more info on any of the others, please let me know.

NAVE in Walker Co GA

Posted: 30 Nov 2002 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: NAVE, SWINNIE, DEEN
The following NAVE family is in the Walker Co GA 1900 Census. Do you know anything about them?
James 51 12/1848 in TN
Mary 40 5/1860 in TN
John 22 2/1878 in TN
Belle 19 8/1880 in TN
Jennie 17 10/1882 in TN
Ethel 15 9/1884 in TN
Arthur 13 8/1886 in TN
Mamie 7 5/1893 in TN
Katie 2 1/1898 in GA
Also in house
Swinnie, Joseph Brother-in-law age 42 born 1/1858 in TN
Swinnie, Luther Nephew age 13 born 7/1886 in TN
Deen, Joseph Brother? Age 18 born1/1882 in GA

Posted: 11 Dec 2002 11:02PM GMT
Lee,
Regarding your 11/29 post, I have some information on the branch of the Naves listed in the 1900 census in Walker County. James Nave married Mary Swinny. The child listed as "Jennie" on the census is actually Martha Jennie Nave. She is my great aunt. She married Emanuel "Manuel" Ellis, my grandfather's older brother, on 12/26/1900. Manuel and Jennie had the following children:

Arthur Ellis 8/4/1902
Maggie Ellis 10/28/1904
Paul Ellis 5/27/1908 (former Mayor of Rossville)
Fannie Ellis 10/26/1912
Parker Woodrow "Slick" Ellis About 1916

My mother still remembers her Uncle Manuel and Aunt Jennie quite well. I have several pictures of this family, as well as, some Nave family reunion photos (I do not know anyone in them though), if you are interested.

Rodney (Ellis) Pierce

NAVE in Walker Co GA

Posted: 12 Dec 2002 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: NAVE ELLIS
This is even more interesting - I have Ellis in my tree too. Are you related to Hobbart Ellis that married Reba Hartline?

Do you know any more about James - a sibling or parents or where he was from? He is the right age to be the brother of William R Nave also in Lafayette in 1900.

My uncle lives in Huntsville Alabama. Do you live in the Walker Co area? My uncle would be more likely to recognize people but I wouldn't mind taking a look. Are you able to scan a couple and email them?

Please write me at leenave@earthlink.net

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 6:08AM GMT
This is the Nave line I am researching.
I am researching my husbands Family Tree for him and my two boys. I have ran into a dead end ...My Husband is the great grandson of James (b. 1854) and Mary Nave (b.1857). They are as far back as we have...She was a Sweeney and that is all we know. They had about 8 children one being J. Arthur Nave who married Blanche who had Lloyd Daniel Nave, who had my husband, Jeffery Nave. Dan (his father) has passed several years ago now and I believe there is only one of his brothers left living out in California...several of them left the N Ga Area in the late 50's...or sometime around then and all went to California. I know James and Mary were both from TN. She was from Apison TN...I don't know the exact on him. But based on census reports he was from TN. Any information you can give would be very helpful.
I have an obituary for Mary. And a 1930 census...if you have anymore info I would love to have it. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic