Search for content in message boards

Sync Error, FTM 2014 - Unable to sync at all

Sync Error, FTM 2014 - Unable to sync at all

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I haven't been able to sync one of my trees for the past 2 days. I've closed and re-launched FTM, as the error suggested, but I continue to get the message "The last sync failed. An error occurred while 'Analyzing changes from Family Tree Maker'. You may want to restart FTM and try again later."

My two other trees sync fine, but this one does not -- this is the only one that I have actually done work on in FTM. Since that time, the file won't sync. I only did 2 merges from online searches (hints from Ancestry.com), other than that, the data should be identical since I did a fresh link-and-sync before that.

Re: Sync Error, FTM 2014 - Unable to sync at all

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 5:12PM GMT
I am wondering if their is issues on ancestry's side. I have just noticed that my media isn't seeming to upload for the last few days.

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 3:59PM GMT
I'm not sure... I can sync two of my three trees just fine -- it's just this one, the one I was making changes to with FTM, so I'm not certain. It seems like Ancestry isn't "accepting changes" or something.

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 7:33PM GMT
I've just finished syncing my tree and had no problem. Every thing seems to have uploaded/downloaded as expected.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 4:34AM GMT
Same with me. I've tried this numerous times over the last few days and still the same message.

I've also unlinked the trees, deleted the Ancestry tree, uploaded a new tree, made a small change in FTM (changed a person's name), and tried again only to have it fail.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 6:33PM GMT
I'm having the same problems. I've tried downloading my tree from ancestry that worked until I made a few changes then it won't sync (same error as you). so I unlinked and uploaded my tree, which took forever, it uploaded and linked fine. Then I made some changes, and it synced. It synced a total of 4 times, then this same error while analyzing changes from family tree maker pops up. I don't know what to try next.

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 1:41PM GMT
I also have a constant sync error "during analyzing my online tree" and so I have uninstalled and reinstalled. The sync works fine with 2012. At this point I have tried so many different things that I feel like it is all mixed up. If I unlink the trees when I have the 2012 software open will that unlink the tree in the 2014 also? When I am in 2014 is says my trees are linked but I always get a last sync failed - try again later. Could this be due to my 2012 trees still linking - is there a simple way to transfer this if this is the case. I am afraid of deleting a tree so the back ups just keep piling up and adding to the confusion.

Margel

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 7:37PM GMT
I only have one tree and cannot sync it all--I just got the software over the weekend and linked my tree; downloaded to the software...and I get the same message. I am totally new at using this software and don't know what to do. I don't want to unlink my tree and have something really messed, but am frustrated that I am having this issue. I haven't been able to sync it even once!

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 8:49PM GMT
It shouldn't have anything to do with 2012, they would sync into their own databases (2012 would update from Ancestry to its copy of the database, and 2014 would update from Ancestry to its copy; changes in 2012 would go up to Ancestry, and 2014 would download those changes, just as if you had made them ON Ancestry). The reason for this is, 2014 had to convert the old database; they aren't sharing one (which could have caused problems).

My 2012 worked fine too. The 2014 seems to have some sort of bug ("undocumented feature," heh) where something is simply conflicting. I would have hoped to have seen an admin response to this issue by now, and I'm quite disappointed that I haven't heard of any plans to address it! Many bugs aren't as large an issue; being completely unable to sync ANY changes you make in FTM makes the software nearly useless as anything other than a viewer and report generator. That defeats 60% of its design purpose!

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 10:52PM GMT
FTM 2012 and FTM 2014 cannot share a single AMT.
The rule is still ONE AMT to ONE FTM file.

If a Ancestry Member Tree is linked to FTM2012 it should still function from FTM2012, but not from FTM2014.
If you converted a linked FTM2012 file into FTM2014 then the Link to the AMT should have moved to FTM 2014 file and no longer be linked to FTM2012.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions