Search for content in message boards

Census Records in Philippines

Census Records in Philippines

Posted: 22 Jun 2004 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2004 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: CAMBALIZA, CASTALLES
Does anyone know who to contact to borrow microfilmed census records of the Philippine Islands? The years of particular interest to me are 1898, 1903, 1918 and 1939. Thanks! Harold

Re: Census Records in Philippines

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 2:56PM GMT
Surnames: Pardell, Cruz, Ortiz, Felin
Did you receive any responses to this posting? I also am looking for the same information, particularly the 1898 census data, but I have no idea where this could be found.

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: CAMBALIZA, DECAMBALIZA
Hello,
I have not had any response at all. Since the Philippines was a U.S. territory during that time period, I thought the National Archives in Washington DC should have the records. I can't seem to locate any microfilm listed through their website, though. Please keep me informed if you have any luck and I will do the same. Harold

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 4:02PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Despujól, Mallari, Sanchez, Villarín, Zerdá
Have there been any updates to this query and answers? I would love to know if any census records are available.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 3:53PM GMT
I would think that the Philippine National Archives would have it. But as far as the National Archives in the US, I am slowly learning more about it and actually learning about it now. See archives.gov and contact them. Because certain archives will house records for certain areas. You could ask around to find out where Philippines, if they have, would be housed.

Posted: 21 Sep 2014 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2014 4:21AM GMT
There are census records from many of the provinces available to order from https://familysearch.org/catalog-search

The censuses are in order of province so you'll have to search on there for the province you're looking for.

Most of them encompass the 1800-1900 range, I think. Some only contain certain years which may or may not be in the time period you're looking for. These are only the collections gathered by the LDS but they are relatively easy to access. Another archive may have more complete collections.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic