Search for content in message boards

Exporting to one page PDF

Exporting to one page PDF

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 10:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm trying to export my tree to a one page PDF so I can take it for printing. I thought I had it sorted from a previous posting but not so, every time I save the tree it comes out with a large red cross over the whole PDF.

I'm using 'User Defined' under page set up and the chart size is 320.56 x 61.49, any help would be gratefully accepted.

Mark.

Re: Exporting to one page PDF

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 11:14AM GMT

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 12:33PM GMT
Sorry, I should have said the size I've given is centimetres. So inside the 200 inch limit.

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 4:53PM GMT
Have you tried printing to a PDF printer, instead of exporting? There are many good free ones available.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 12:03AM GMT
Mark -

You do not Export the chart. You must Print it to a PDF printer like CutePDF (free download). Get your chart laid out in FTM so you have the measurements; make sure there are no page divisions so it will print on one page.

After you have the chart set up, close FTM, Before opening FTM to print the chart, make the PDF printer your default printer in your computer's Devices and Printers. Set the paper size in the printer properties to a Postscript paper size big enough for your chart. Then, open FTM, create your chart, select Print and send your chart to that printer. If all goes well you will end up with a pdf file to take to the commercial printer. Make sure in the PDF preview that there are no page divisions.

This problem is not unique to FTM, It is a problem for most chart software, and is caused by a change in MS Windows a few years ago in the way printers and paper size are handled.

Good luck - it may take a few tries to get it right.

Virginia

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 1:35AM GMT
In the share Icon one of the options is to Export to PDF.

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 4:13PM GMT
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, in the end I managed to get what I want in Photoshop but will use your ideas for the next one :-)

Cheers,

Mark.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic