Search for content in message boards

irish famine girls on the Maria 1850

irish famine girls on the Maria 1850

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 3:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am desperately trying to search for the disposal list of the irish famine girls from the "Maria" who arrived in Sydney 1st August 1850. I think the Judith Kelly listed on the ship was my GG grandmother but I cannot be sure until I find where she went/ who employed her, after landing in Australia or some futher information. I have had a very frustrating day at the state records centre trying to find information, without success.Can anyone help?. Does anyone know if the disposal list exists?.

Re: irish famine girls on the Maria 1850

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 7:53AM GMT

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:14AM GMT
I hope I am not leading you astray but I am researching Mary Kelly who arrived on the Maria. I seem to remember that one of the lists of those on board said Mary was travelling with her sister but it didn't say the name of her sister. Mary and Judith are listed as having the same parents who were deceased. I can't find the list again, sorry,where I saw the info
Mary went North to Singleton and Cassilus area. I hope that helps.
Cheers,
Carole

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 6:18AM GMT
Hi Carole,
Thanks for answering my post. Judith and Mary are listed in the Orphan register in the book "Barefoot and Pregnant" as both having a Margaret and Michael (deceased) as their parents. But it lists Judith from Nenagh, Tipperary and Mary from Askeaton, Limerick, so I don't think they are related.
Thanks anyway,

Kelly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic