Search for content in message boards

Harris Family in Morgan Co. Ga.

Harris Family in Morgan Co. Ga.

Patricia Harris Graves (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 4:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arnold,Benge, Birdsong
Iam looking for anything on William and Sarah(Percival) Harris, who moved to Morgan Co. Ga. from Surry Co. Va. William died in Morgan Co. in 1830. Sarah and her children( Seaborn, Theophilus,Ausborn, Phenty) then moved to Sabine Co. Tx. There may have more siblings, these are the only ones known

Re: Harris Family in Morgan Co. Ga.

Larry Massey (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Several of those names appear in the Morgan County marriage records, if you didn't know.

Larry Massey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2002 3:22AM GMT

Patsy Harris (no relation) (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2002 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS
Hi Patricia,
In my book Early Morgan County Georgia Newspapers 1842-1861 there are two listings for Theophilus Harris. In 1852 he owned land next to someone's land being sold. In 1856, a stable that he once owned is being sold. There are several listings for a William Harris. The first, in 1842 is the dismission of Benjamin and Thomas Harris as administrators of his estate.
Patsy

Posted: 13 Apr 2002 7:41PM GMT
Thank you , Patsy, for the info I will sure check all this out. Thanks again. Pat.

Posted: 21 May 2002 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold/Harris/Strother/Terry
I am a descendant of Seaborn & Emily (Arnold) Harris. I have been doing some heavy research on the Arnold lineage lately. I have info of the families whenthey live in Sabine County. If you want to swap info email me at smoochnhugn@yahoo.com. Oh Emily (Arnold) Harris is my 3rd g-grandmother on my grandmother's side and a sister to my 2nd g-grandfather on my grandfather side. So I guess I'm double kin to her.LOL I live in Louisiana but I'm about an hour from Sabine County. My father still lives in Geneva.

Posted: 21 May 2002 9:08PM GMT
Seaborn and Emily Harris were my gggranparents. I am so glad to hear from you.I have gone back to Seaborns parents, (William and Sara),but have not been able to find out who the parents of William and Sarah are.William died before the family came to Tx and is buried in Morgan Co. I think. Sara died in Sabine Co. Tx and is buried in the King family cemty. in Sabine Co. I live about 2hrs from Sabine Co. in Romayor, Tx. My sister and I went to Sabine Co. in Oct 01. We didnt have much luck, didnt really know where to look. My email is pmg@hou.quik.com My mailing address is P O Bx 115 Romayor Tx. 77368 I would love to hear from you , I have quite abit of info. to share. Waiting to hear from you. Pat

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: William Harris
Patsy,
You said in an earlier posting that there were a lot of listings for William Harris.
What were these listings.
Our William Harris died 1830's roughly.
Do you know anything about this family in Morgan Co., and are they any relation to the Burr Harris listed in the Madison Newspapers??? Died 1877 Watkinsville, Oconee Co, GA???

Patsy Harris (no relation) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2002 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS
The first listing is from 1842 showing Benjamin and Thomas Harris requesting dismission from the administratorship of the estate of William Harris of Morgan County Georgia.

The second, from 1843, includes Wm. Harris' orphans as being "Drawers in Morgan County, in Lotteries of 1821 and 1827, whose lands are ungranted..."

The third is Private William A Harris in a listing of the Macon Guards, 1st Battalion, Georgia Regiment of Volunteers.

The last is in 1856 referring to William A. Harris, Senator of Worth COunty.

Looks like the first two could very well be your man. Im sorry, but I dont know anything of the family. You might contact folks in Oconee County re: Burr Harris. He must have been an imprressive man to have had a road named after him and for his death to appear in the Morgan County nespaper.

Patsy

Posted: 6 Jun 2003 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2003 10:16PM GMT
I am looking for information on Elizabeth Graves Harris, who married Reuben Weaver on 9 Aug 1819 in Putnam Co, GA. She was supposedly born 1800 in VA, and died 26 Oct 1853 in Gwinnett Co, GA. I would be interested in her ancestors, siblings or other family connections.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions