Search for content in message boards

Fullilove - Talbert House in Keatchie

Fullilove - Talbert House in Keatchie

Charlott (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2006 1:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking information of the Talbert connection of this particular house. I am trying to find out if this house had any connection to the James Leroy Talbert family who resided in Keatchie. I have some lovely old china, cut glass and crystal that my husband inherited from his grandmother, who was the daughter of Margaret Byron "Maggie" Talbert, the daughter of James Leroy Talbert. She told us that it came from the "families plantation in Keatchie (or there abouts). It is definitely of the period.

My husband's grandmother was Nellie Virginia "Vergie"Lambeth Harvey, the daughter of Maggie Talbert and John Lambeth. She herself was born in Centennial, Panola, Texas.

Any help concerning this house and any connections to this family would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fullilove - Talbert House in Keatchie

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 7:16AM GMT
Surnames: Talbert
Have not been searching for awhile due to work, but could not sleep tonight, so...was very excited to run across this posting. My family owned the Talbert house until it was sold to family friends, the Fishers, because we were so far from it and my Dad thought it needed someone living there all the time. My Great grandfather, Silas Franklin Talbert bought it in 1877 as a gift for my grandmother Bella Horn. It passed to my Grandfather and then my father Robert. My Grandfather was James Robert Talbert. Silas was a son of James Leroy. The house at Four Corners that James Leroy lived in was torn down some years ago, but the folks who tore it down saved some windows and posts. That is where James Leroy and his wife Ellen are buried. Silas and Maggie were brother and sister. I have mention of both Maggie and Nellie in James Leroy's will. The "plantation" house would be the house at 4Corners, that is close to Keatchie. Would love to hear more about Maggie and Nellie.

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 9:22AM GMT
How exciting...........Definitely have lots of info, plus pictures. Contact me via e-mail, so we can talk.
Luvnnonni@aol.com

Posted: 3 May 2008 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Talbert
sand4sandy@msn.com
Please contact me
I have pic of old house

Sandy Talbert
Attachments:

Posted: 4 May 2008 12:49AM GMT
Exactly which house is this. I recently came across a picture of what was called the Talbert - Fullilove house in Keatchie, but definitely not this one. It is the one that belonged to Silas Talbert and is a one story white structure. It is on the National Register of Historic Homes. Exactly what information do you have on this house?

Posted: 5 May 2008 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Fullilove
I just got this reply, I am a decendent of Evelyn Fullilove Schuler who owned several properties in and around Keatchie. Four Forks is where the Fullilove Cemetery is located and there was a house at one time near the cemetery which I believe was owned or lived in by Hill Fullilove. Evelyn's mother Elizabeth Adeline Fullilove owned and lived at a home named Briarwood south of this area which is still standing and on the National Register. Then she moved into Keatchie and owned what is now the Schuler-Cathy home. I have copies of the deed transfer to Evelyn's husband Ernst Schuler.
I will try to print the house pictures and ask my mother if she remembers that site. She has talked quite often of a house near the corner which she visited as a child (she is 91 and still sharp).

Posted: 5 May 2008 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Fullilove
I just got this reply, I am a decendent of Evelyn Fullilove Schuler who owned several properties in and around Keatchie. Four Forks is where the Fullilove Cemetery is located and there was a house at one time near the cemetery which I believe was owned or lived in by Hill Fullilove. Evelyn's mother Elizabeth Adeline Fullilove owned and lived at a home named Briarwood south of this area which is still standing and on the National Register. Then she moved into Keatchie and owned what is now the Schuler-Cathy home. I have copies of the deed transfer to Evelyn's husband Ernst Schuler.
I will try to print the house pictures and ask my mother if she remembers that site. She has talked quite often of a house near the corner which she visited as a child (she is 91 and still sharp).

Posted: 5 May 2008 3:40AM GMT
I have finally got the Fullilove-Talbert House figured out. I think that the one that was near what is called Four Corners where James Leroy and Ellen are buried, along with their daughter, Amanda Talbert may have been called Blossom Hill. Does that ring a bell to anyone.

Posted: 5 May 2008 4:17AM GMT
Blossom Hill was a location on the 1850 census that lists William L. and Elizabeth Fullilove, also near were Elizabeth's parents, Charles & Amanda Harris. Have a picture of their place near Four Forks.
Attachments:

Posted: 5 May 2008 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Fullilove, Hollingsworth
2nd thought and question, what was Ellen's maiden name? There is a James Leroy is in my tree somewhere.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic