Search for content in message boards

Droddy and Gordy

Droddy and Gordy

Misty Latham (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2003 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: droddy, gordy
I am interested in finding out information on the Droddys and the Gordys.

My grandfather was Demps Gordy and my grandmother was Patsy Ruth Droddy. I would love to have any information I can get.

Re: Droddy and Gordy

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2004 1:19AM GMT
Try contacting Pat Gordy at carver-family@yahoogroups.com
She may be of help; she married a Gordy.

Posted: 9 Sep 2003 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: Gordy, Deason ,
i know of a Robert Gordy of Slagle , he was married to Pat Gordy , who after there divorce married my uncle Jack Grantham. Pat and Robert had 3 children Rickie, Randy and Rodney. I know Robert was raised up in Slagle area, by Calcasieu Church. His Family was also related to the Deasons not sure how though. If you hear from Pat or her family please ask her to contact me for I have lost all contact with my distant family after moving from Vernon Parish to Texas.

Misty (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2003 5:35PM GMT
Hi Lynette, my mother was the daughter of Demps and Patsy. Her name is Angela Gordy. Patsy then remarried Carrold Gordy and had Carolyn and Terry Gordy. Angie went to Simpson High School.

I received a chat room address for Pat. The address I was given was carver-family@yahoogroups.com. I got that information from Belford Carver at bcarver@i-55.com.

Posted: 12 Sep 2003 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 4:21AM GMT
Hi Lynette
This is Anna Williams James( Jr) Williams wife Your grandmothers Mary's brother. Just wanted to say hello and glad to know you are ok. We have thought of you often since your mother passed
Hope to hear from you
Anna

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 8:29AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 8:41AM GMT
There is a Patsy Ruth Gordy (1930-1965) and a Demps Gordy (1908-1956) buried in Union Grove Cemetery in Vernon Parish, Louisiana. You can find them in the Find A Grave database.

Please be advised that Union Grove Cemetery is also referred to as Calcasieu Baptist Church Cemetery, which has a database of the burials in the cemetery under the latter naming.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions