Search for content in message boards

Braden Cemetery, Blue Springs Hollow lookup please

Braden Cemetery, Blue Springs Hollow lookup please

Deborah Pemberton (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2002 1:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for a Pemberton\Pendleton grave in this cemetery.
Thanks

Re: Braden Cemetery, Blue Springs Hollow lookup please

Charlene (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2002 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Acuff, Baker, Sharp, Huddleston
I have the 2000 update to Footprints, the Union County cemetery book. There is a Braden Cemetery on Hickory Valley Road and a Braden Chapel Cemetery off of Braden Road near Braden Church. There is neither a Pemberton nor Pendleton in either of those cemeteries.

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2003 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: Lyke, Guy, Grubbs
Is there a Frank and Cindy Lyke listed for Braden Chapel Cemetery? Could you or someone tell me directions from New Tazewell? Is there someone in the area willing to take pictures? Thank you for your time.
Sheila

Charlene (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 4:20PM GMT
Frank and Cindy Lyke are listed as being buried at the Braden Chapel Cemetery. The book, "Footprints", says no dates are listed on the tombstones. I do not live in the area so am not much help with the directions or picture. "Footprints" gives the GPS reading as 36.24.86N 83.52.68W and says the cemetery is north of the Powell River off of Braden Road near Braden Church, and in the Braden Community. Also, you might contact the Union County Historical Society. They have a website and are nice folks. Good luck. Hope this is of help to you. Charlene

Helen L Smith Hoke (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2003 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Braden, Smith, Proffitt
I am looking for several Braden's and was wondering if you could look for them in your book. I am looking for the Cornelius J. Braden family, which includes his wife, Nancy Smith Braden, and children, Sarah Jane, Franklin A., Milton L., William H., Benjamin C., George W., John Calhoun Casper, James B., and Mary M. Braden. Some or all may be buried in Union Co. I need help in locating them so I can get on with this line. My line is the Smith's and Nancy was one of my great Aunts. Her father, Benjamin Smith, my great grandfather, stayed in Claiborne/Campbell County, TN, while his father, Ransom Smith and siblings went to Marion Co, TN. Also some of his children as well as grand and great- grand children end up in Marion Co. I am trying to locate them to see if maybe Benjamin did go to Marion Co, TN and there he married and moved back to his old homestead at a later time. I do know he was first married to Mary Unknown and then to a Rodah Proffitt, but was Rodah the second or last wife? If you can help me with the Braden's, it will help so much. Thank you in advance.

Charlene (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2003 3:10AM GMT
In the Braden Chapel Cemetery there is a Sarah Braden, Sarah V. Braden, and J.B. Braden. In the Braden Cemetery there is a John and James Braden. In the Taylor Grove Church Cemetery there is a Rhoda Smith and in the Pleasant View Cemetery a Rhoda Ann Miller Smith. If you think some of these might be your folks, what dates would apply? In your Smiths do you have any information on a Jake (or may be Jack sometimes) Smith born about 1860 and married first to unknown and had at least 5 children, married second to Hiley Keller West? Hiley was my paternal great grandmother. They lived in Union County TN but

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 11:17PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH/PIERCE/BEELER/WILSON/ELLISON
do you have a Josiah Smith, or Martha Clemons Smith in Braden Cemetery. They were buried there but may not have stones. Josiah Smith died in 1928. I have all the decendants of James Alvis Smith, and his son Josiah Smith if you are from that line. Josiah was murdered while chopping wood in the Blue Spring Hollow. He was shot in the back.Many other people were killed back then in the Powell Valley over moonshining. My Josiah was a godly man who was against moonshining, and said so. He, and many others were killed back then to keep them from turning in the moonshiners.

Charlene (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 12:16AM GMT
Yes. Josiah (spelled Josisah in Footprints) Smith, Mar 9, 1851-Sep 10, 1928 and Martha Smith, May 18, 1855-Aug 4, 1920 are in the book. Smith is not my line but a Smith married my great grandmother, Hiley Keller West, after he was married to a Sarah E. He and Hiley weren't married long before she died and I have been trying to determine what happened to him and his children. If there is a Jake (likely Jacob) in your line, I would like that information, in case it's him.

Helen L. Smith Hoke (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2004 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I would like to find out more about these Smith's that are buried there. Can you share with me about Josisah, Martha and Eliza Smith?

Posted: 23 Apr 2004 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2004 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Pierce/Smith/Beeler/Wilson/Ellison
Hello, I got your post, and I will be glad to share with you my Smith information. Do you want the basic information or the entire tree?My e-mail address is: B-SAVED2@cinci.rr.com and you can send me a reply so I can send the information to you directly. Brenda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions