Search for content in message boards

BRAGG (Tennessee & WV) Looking for Info on any!!

BRAGG (Tennessee & WV) Looking for Info on any!!

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 1:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRAGG
My paternal ancestors (Braggs) moved from Manchester, TN area to Howell Co. MO in the 1800s. I am looking for any information on the Braggs before their move to Missouri. Any help would be appreciated. One name that I have is Hugh Thomas Bragg, married Martha.

Re: BRAGG (Tennessee & WV) Looking for Info on any!!

Posted: 2 Sep 2003 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Bragg
Henri, I can't match your Hugh or Martha, but my Bragg line is from TN and WV. My gg-grandfather was Robert Eugene Bragg m. (1) Luticia Bell in 1845 in Tipton Co. Children: William T., James Marion, John W., Celia A., Mary, Beldarn, David. M (2) Eliza Harwell in 1868, also in Tipton Co. TN. Children: Francis Maggie, Amanda, Robert Joseph, Minnie Ida Lea, Maudie, Missouri, Charles Henry. Census records show he was born in Virginia or West Virginia. If any of this sounds familiar to you, please let me know.
Thanks,
Deb Bragg

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 1:00AM GMT
My father is Tillman Eugene Bragg, son of Charles Henry Bragg. I am trying to find info further back than Robert Eugene Bragg to see if related to Braxton Bragg line... I am new at researching geneology and am not sure where to go (free) to search. Many sights offer "free" but when you get there it isn't. I can update you on my dad's family, how are you related? I would also like to try to find out if any of Robert's sons (or Robert for that matter) served in the Civil War. His eldest would have been would have been around 14 or 15 when it started. Robert would have been would have been 37 or 38.

Nancy Bragg Bird (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 9:04PM GMT
I have a lot of informataion on Tennessee Bragg families from Cannon County, TN. Do you know where in Tennessee your Bragg family settled? I do not show any of the names you mentioned, but if you have Bragg family members from Cannon or Rutherford Counties in TN I will be happy to try to help you. My Bragg's came from VA not WV, but I am sure they are related somewhere along the way....

Joydice Ward (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 10:32PM GMT
My father's family lived in Dyersburg. I am not sure where Robert Eugene's family lived. My father has had several strokes and does not remember most of his family other than his immediate siblings and parents. The only info I have is what was listed on Rootsweb.com. I am trying to find out who Robert Eugene's parents were. I am new at all of this so I am not sure where to turn.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nancy Bragg Bird (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2004 3:33PM GMT
Contact me directly and hopefully I can point you in the right direction to help you do more research.

Nancy Bragg Bird
nbgenealogy@consolidated.net

Elaine Hensley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2005 2:03AM GMT
I am very interested in learning more information on the Bragg families in Cannon and Rutherford Counties in Tennessee. I would be most grateful if someone could please provide me with a complete listing of Dozier Bragg and Margaret "Peggy" Bussey-Bragg's children. My g-grandfather was a Bussey from Cannon County, Tn. and he named his first born son Dozier, his father was Thomas J. Bussey, born in 1844 according to most census records (there is a cousin of his also named Thomas J. Bussey, also living in Cannon County, Tn. at the same time, but born in 1834, in 1870, the two Thomas J. Bussey's are living in the same home in District 1 of Cannon County. We know the Bussey line for my g-g-grandfather's cousin, Thomas, born in 1834, but not for my Thomas J. Bussey. I know that they were cousins though. Which male Bussey is my g-grandfather father is not yet known, as he apparently died when Thomas was very young, but it is his mother, whom I believe is the Bragg connection. I found Thomas and his siblings with their mother in the 1850 Rutherford county census records living in the house with a Wylie Prince and his wife Bety A. Prince (I do not know if there is a family connection or whether Bety A. might be an older sister of Thomas who has just been married, according to the census records within the year (1850) . Thomas' mother's name is Nancy, born abt. 1815 or so, and she has two daughters, Mary, born abt. 1838, and a Nancy C. Bussey, (in this census record the spelling for Bussey is shown as Bucy, but it is them), Nancy C. Bussey/Bucy is shown as being born in abt. 1841 or possibly 1842. By 1860 Thomas and his sister Mary are living with what we presume is an aunt, Temperence "Tempy" Bussey-Moody, in District 1 of Cannon County, Tn., and both the mother Nancy and the sister Nancy C. have vanished (possibly Nancy has died and Nancy C. may have married). By 1870, Thomas is living in the home with is cousin Thomas J. Bussey, born in 1834, and his wife, in District one of Cannon County. He marries my g-g-grandmother, the following year, 1871, her name is Mary J. Fann-Bussey (I have researched her line). I believe the Bragg connection is my g-g-grandfather, Thomas J. Bussey's mother, Nancy, whom I believe was out of Dozier Bragg and Margaret Peggy Bussey-Bragg's line, but I need more information on their children and on their children's children. Was there a Nancy born near 1815, who married a Bussey, to anyone's knowledge ?? All information would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Elaine

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 2:34AM GMT
I can only trace my Bragg family members back to Tennessee...to just before the Civil War. Its like a blank wall. For some time family members thought we were related to Braxton Bragg...but I never saw how that could be possible..
My Bragg family lived in and around Manchester in Coffee County, Tennessee.

Posted: 28 May 2012 7:21AM GMT
have you ever found any more information? I have been searching this in vain for many years now. D

Posted: 30 May 2012 3:22AM GMT
No, I've nothing else. I do have a niece that has moved to the area and she plans to do some research once she gets settled... until then, the wall remains!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions