Search for content in message boards

Harvey Family of Drummuckavall

Harvey Family of Drummuckavall

Posted: 8 Dec 2011 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harvey, McCreesh
I am trying to gather information about my great-grandmother Margaret McCreesh (nee Harvey, b. Drummuckavall, Crossmaglen c.1868, d.Carrickamone, Cullaville c.1940).
I would like more accurate DOB & DOD, but I would particularly like to know who her parents and siblings were.

Re: Harvey Family of Drummuckavall

Posted: 9 Dec 2011 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2011 2:47PM GMT
usually the best place to start is with a marriage record, as this will usually give you detail of fathers (name and occupation) of the bride and groom, and sometimes further information depending on which country the marriage took place in.

Do you know when and where Margaret married Mr. McCreesh ?

Shane

Posted: 9 Dec 2011 2:48PM GMT
Their oldest child Kathleen was, I believe, born in 1888. This would suggest they married in about 1887.
Their second child was my grandmother Mary (1890-1926)and their third, and final, child was Dennis (1893-1950).
It is very likely that they were married in St Patrick's RC Church in Crossmaglen as they were both from the Upper Creggan Parish.
Details of this family history can be accessed on the GRIFFIN/QUINN FAMILY WEBSITE (www.jag-genes.myheritage.com).

Posted: 9 Dec 2011 2:58PM GMT
is this your Margaret on the census returns ?

1901 : http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Armagh/Cros...

1911 : http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Armagh/Cros...

according to the 1911 return married to James about 24 years - so. c1887

Shane

Posted: 9 Dec 2011 3:03PM GMT
possible marriage for James and Margaret... his surname has been badly mistranscribed :

name: Maggie Harvey
registration district: Castleblayney
event type: Marriage
quarter and year: Jan - Mar 1887
volume : 1 / page : 500

name: James M'Crfesh
[same references as Margaret]

Even though the registration district of Castleblayney was based in Co. Monaghan, it also covered the townland of Carrickamone.

You can order a research cert from GRO Roscommon by post - will cost just €4 if you include these references (www.groireland.ie).

Shane

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 2:12PM GMT
Hi Shane,
Thanks for that info. It explains why I've been having problems. John

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:03PM GMT
Surnames: Harvey
Hi,

My name is Catherine, and I am of the Harvey family of Drummuckavall. Contact me if you would like some more information. My email is kharvey43@hotmail.co.uk

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Griffin, Quinn, McCreesh, Harvey
Hi Catherine,
In that case we're related albeit distantly.
I am a great-great grandson of John and Margaret Harvey whose daughter Maggie, who was married to James McCreesh of Carrickamone, was my great-grandmother. Their daughter Mary (1890-1926), who married Michael Quinn (1876-1966) of Anamar, was my grandmother. Their daughter Anna (1926-1988), who married Michael Griffin (1921-2009)of Cregganbane,was my mother.
At the moment I would like to know about my g-g-g'parents John and Margaret Harvey. I don't know when they died so it's difficult to gain info about their parents, siblings etc.. I suspect Margaret may have come from Corliss as there is another Harvey family there.
I hope this explains the link. I hold more info on my website on MyHeritage (www.jag-genes.myheritage.com). My email address, for family research, is jag_genes@yahoo.ie.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 1:15AM GMT
Hi Shane, thanks for the info. I now have a copy of the Marriage Certificate.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 1:22AM GMT
Hi Catherine,
This is just a quick line to let you know I have invited you on to my website on MyHeritage. I have also sent you a message from the site.
Regards
John
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions