Search for content in message boards

John Richmond of Ashton Keynes, Wiltshire, England-Dukes of Richmond?

John Richmond of Ashton Keynes, Wiltshire, England-Dukes of Richmond?

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I descend from Mary Richmond b. 1639 Taunton, Ma? d, c1713 Berkeley Ma. m. William Paul b. c1616 Scotland d. 1704 Ma.
I know nothing re Wllliam's ancestry but have the Richmond descent to the 11thC. but am not certain of it's authenticity.
Mary's parents: John Richmond b. 1594 Ashton Keynes, Wiltshire, Eng. d 1664 Taunton, Bristol, Eng. m. Elizabeth Nicholas b. Ashton Keynes, Eng. d. Taunton, Ma.
According to the story, John was in the English Civil War & killed his brother Henry, who with the King's forces. He later emig to Ma.-Plymouth Colony...
Sources say that this line goes back to the Dukes of Richmond-but that has not been proven to my satisfaction.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks
I have more info on my website:
pixleyblair.tribalpages.com
Email: troypix@webtv.net

Re: John Richmond of Ashton Keynes, Wiltshire, England-Dukes of Richmond?

Posted: 24 May 2008 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richmond
Hi (Troy?)
John Richmond of Taunton's history is very well documented. He was a sea captain that traveled up and down the coast and has a reputation from Maine (where there is an island and town named after him, and where he was sued) to Taunton where he was a town founder. American relatives who visit Ashton Keynes are dragged up onto the stage during their celebration at the Richmond castle and everyone applauds. There is a very detailed website about the ties you mention and many others. John Richmond is VERY easy to research. It's the later ones that are difficult. www.Richmondancestry.org I represent the Nebraska branch. Good luck
Shannon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions