Search for content in message boards

Janvier family in Old New Castle, De

Janvier family in Old New Castle, De

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2002 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Janvier, Marley, McWilliams, Golden, Clopper, Luveneigh, Tyne, Des Jardins, De Haes, Rodman, Yocum
I descend from the Janvier Family of Old New Castle Co., De.
I am interested in hearing from anyone who connects to the Janvier family and related lines. My 3ggrandfather, William Bradford Janvier, left a fairly extensive family history, but there are many unanswered questions. I also have some information on the Mc Williams line but would love to know more.

DeHaes

Joseph C Hays (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DeHaes, Hays
Beverly, I am looking for Johannes DeHaes and Adam Hays who also lived in New Castle DE USA 1650's and 1703. Have you seen these names in your research? Thanks, joe

Des Jardins

Babette (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DESJARDINS, ROBIDEAUX, TETREAU, GRAVELLE, GRAVEL, GRATTON
My DesJardins, family come from Quebec area, then 1882 immirgrated to Filion MI, in 1895 formed a wagon train with the other families in my surname list to Louisinia.

if any of this sound familiar contact me.

Babette DesJardins
Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: Janvier
I have family from the New Castle area. My home computer is currently down but as soon as it is up and running I can be a little more precise as to who.

Janvier

Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Janvier, Marley, Williams, VanLeuvnigh, McWilliam
When your computer is back, let me know and we can compare notes on our Janvier family of New Castle Co., De.

Re: Janvier family in Old New Castle, De

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Clopper-Airgood-Braun-Brown-McKinnon
I have a Dorrance Clopper married to Barbara Airgood. I think they were in the Philadelphia area in the 1840 census. Do you have anything on them?

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 4:47PM GMT
I will check through my Janvier material, but I don't recall much on the Clopper family. My 3ggrandmother was Jane Clopper. She was the daughter of Peter Clopper and Mary Golden and the granddaughter of Cornelius Clopper and Rachel ?. Jane married William Bradford Janvier in 1819.
There was a strong connection to people in the Philadelphia area. Does any of this ring a bell?

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 3:02PM GMT
I don't have much info on the Cloppers, but I do know they were in Philadelphia. Maybe sometime we will find a connection. My Dorrance Clopper moved to Pittsburgh around 1850 or 60. That is where my family started to connect.

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Brown-Clopper-Airgood-McKinnon-Rupp-VanTine-Wetmore-Seibert
I don't have a lot on the Cloppers before Dorrance who was in the Philadelphia census in 1840 after that they moved to Pittsburgh and are in the 1870 census in Pittsburgh. Maybe someday we can find more on the Cloppers. Hopefully make some kind of connection. I know his wife barbara Airgood was born in Germany.

Re: Des Jardins

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 11:04PM GMT
Babbett,
My DesJardins ancestors, Francois (Alfred/Fred) Des Jardins and his wife Justine Guy, and daughter Belzimere, emigrated from Quebec in 1883 and settled in Garden, Michigan. Francois' Parents were Francois Xavier Des Jardins and Mary Cyr. I know, Francois (Alfred/Fred) had siblings, Claudia, Mary, Sixtus, Clara, Emil, and more.
Does any of this sound familiar to you.
Please email me at dezz1hitch@yahoo.com
Mary DesJardins Hitchcock
per page

Find a board about a specific topic