Search for content in message boards

Thomas Darius Ayres

Thomas Darius Ayres

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ayres
Help! I'm confused. I thought that Thomas Darius Ayres, born ~1687, was born in,lived and then died in Kent Co., MD. I was looking in the family trees and two of them had Thomas born and died in MA, not MD. Why would someone move that far, live somewhere that long and then in old age travel back that distance to die. Are two Thomas Ayres being combined? I was told by my grandfather Ayres that the family was from Virginia, not Massachusettes. Can anyone shed light on this for me. Thank you

Re: Thomas Darius Ayres

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 5:05PM GMT
Surnames: Ayres
Laurie: I know your frustration with the names and the postings. I have tried to sort it out for years. The name Darius which was common keeps coming up with Thomas and I have never found that proof. I do think tho That the father Thomas Ayres born in Scotland 1687 and died in Harford Co. MD. 1762 is mixed up with his son. The father married Elizabeth Maxwell born abt.1708 in Kent Co. MD. She was daughter of Robert & Ann Park Maxwell. Thier children born in Kent were Thomas born 1724 died 1762 also and married a lady named Mary. Son Abram was born 1722 and daughter Elizabeth born 1726. The father migrated to Harford and died there but the son Thomas and wife Mary stayed in Kent Co. The son Thomas and Mary had 9 children. The 8th child a son was Thomas Ayres 1755 - 1836 who died in Balt. Co. MD. and with wife Elizabeth Almony 1756-1856 are buried in the old Garrett Cem. Balt. Co. The 9th child was named Darius born 1761. My lineage comes down thru Thomas and Elizabeth Almony Ayres. If you wish we could compare notes if the info is on MD. Ayres. email ramertcs@aol.com, Thanx Ruth

Re: Thomas Darius Ayres

Posted: 1 Aug 2008 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Ayers, Ayres
My family is from Virginia, and the earliest ancestor I can find, a Thomas Ayers, used both spellings of the name. He was born about 1813 and married a woman named Magdelene Fulwider. Dont know if this helps, but thought I'd put my two cents worth in.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic