Search for content in message boards

Nellie (Ellen?) Breen

Nellie (Ellen?) Breen

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jun 2011 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Breen
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any information about a Nellie (Ellen) Breen? Born around 1872 in Ireland, traveled to either Massachusetts or New York. She married Patrick Counihan and had 3 kids. I think she might be part of the David Breen and Honora Nora Connor family? It's just a guess, I don't have much information!

-Meaghan

Re: Nellie (Ellen?) Breen

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 9:15PM GMT
My grandfather was the David Patrick Breen who appears in your family tree. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Ellen (Nellie) Breen. It is possible that she was the Ellen who was David's sister. There are more Breens out there than I would have expected. Do you have any info on your David? Maybe we can find a link.

Rita Breen

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 1:34PM GMT
I have been lookng for where Ellen {Nell} Breen went to live in Amwerica. My Ellen was born 4th March 1874. She had a brother David who also went to america. Ellen was born to Micheal Breen and his wife Mary Murphy, Address Oldcourt. new ross co wesford ireland. I can let you k now alot more if it is the right person. Which I hope it is. They came from small farmer here in Ireland. I am over 15years looking for ellen and David breen. i have more records of more of the family going to america.
looking forward to hearing from you.
Julia Sheil

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 12:12PM GMT
Did your grandfather come from Ireland. When he went to America did he traveled out of Liverpool England. If you could tell me more about your grand dad, I might have alot more information for your with all the names of his brothes and sisters for you. Pleae do write soon.
Thank you.
Julia Sheil

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 10:42PM GMT
My grandfather, David Breen, was the son of David and Norah Breen. He lived in Glencar, Kerry, before emigrating to the US . I don't think he left from Liverpool. He spent the rest of his life in NYC. I don't know anything about his sister Nellie (Ellen)except that she left Ireland. His other siblings were Henry, Michael, Honora (Hannah) and Deborah. He died in 1931.

Rita

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 1:24PM GMT
My grandfather, David Breen, was born in Kerry, Ireland. His siblings were Henry, Michael, Deborah, Ellen (Nellie) and Honora (Nora). He emigrated to New York City in the 1890s where he was a horseshoer for the NYC Fire Dept. among others. He was very active in Irish American politics.
He died in 1931 after being hit by an automobile.

I don't know if he left from Liverpool, but I don't think so. Hope this helps. Rita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic