Search for content in message boards

Fountain Family Ash, Surrey

Fountain Family Ash, Surrey

Posted: 28 Nov 2007 8:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am descendant from Thomas Fountain born in 1818, Ash, Surrey, who then moved to Derbyshire.

I am interested to hear from anyone related to this line

Linda

Re: Fountain Family Ash, Surrey

Posted: 28 Nov 2007 11:34PM GMT
I have nothing on the Fountains in Europe. Do you have anything connecting them with Mississippi or Louisians. I have a great grandfather Jonathon Malachi Fountain who was born in Mississippi and died in Louisiana. He a
was born in 1830 in Kemper County Mississippi. His father was William Ashley Fountain but I have no birth or death info on him

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 10:27PM GMT
Hi Linda,
If I am to belive "familysearch" then your Thomas Fountain was my 3-Great-Grandfather William Fountain's brother. According to familysearch William was born in 1815, Ash Surrey a son of George Fountain (born 1782 in Ash Surrey) and Ann Colyer, many children are listed, including Thomas born 1817. My line George>William>Thomas Henry Sr>Thomas Henry Jr.>Mabel Fountain Klein>Joan Klein Price>Me, James Price. I do not trust who they list as Ann Colyer's parents

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 8:30AM GMT
Hi James,

Many thanks for your reply, I only started this really last November. I am curious as to why Thomas Fountain moved to Derbyshire from Ash and have been unable to contact family members in Derbyshire, although there seems to be quite a few Fountains there.

Thomas Fountain had two sons, William and George, William was my great grandfather, his son William again was my grandfather, he had two sons Frederick, my father and William who moved back down south.

Do you have a family tree that I can add to mine please.

Many thanks

Linda

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 11:34AM GMT
Surnames: Fountain, Kirkman, Burton, Wright
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&... sorry this did not come as a link, You can also just go to rootsweb.com and enter John Colyer in the rootsweb search. click on world connect at the bottom of the first page of names, enter 1760 as exact date of birth. 2 names will come up. In the children listed, click on Ann. Ann married George Fountain. They were the parents of our Ancestors, your Thomas and my William. In the Fountain line, George, is as far back as I've got. William was my 3Great-GF. His son Thomas born in Ash 1848, moved to Aldershot, Hampshire. As you can see from John Colyer, that line goes back to 1530.

Posted: 5 May 2008 9:56PM GMT
Linda, You are the only Fountain I've connected with!
I think I am making some good headway into the Family tree.
Send me an e-mail jamesvprice@yahoo.com I think you'll enjoy what I'm working on here. Any people looking for Fountain of Buckland or Aston Clinton Buckinghamshire should also take note

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 12:16PM GMT
Surnames: Fountain, Cook, Huband
Hi Linda,
A few years have gone by, but perhaps you're still researching?!
Seems we might have some Fountains in common - My father was William Franklyn Fountain (1907-1999) born in Balmain, NSW, youngest son of Frederick Fountain and Mary Elizabeth Huband (his 2nd wife; 1st wife was Harriet Cook). Frederick Fountain was from Surrey, immigrating in 1879, his brother William (William's wife Edith) having come to Aust. in 1875 as far as i know.
I have quite a bit of info on the Frederick & Harriet & mary Elizabeth line, if you're interested, and would love to hear any more details you may have.
Regards
Liz (Elizabeth) Pash (nee Fountain)

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 12:19PM GMT
... and hi also to James!
I've sent an email to the address you mention in a post here. Would be most interested in anything you've been able to find over the past several years!

Regards,
Liz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic