Search for content in message boards

"Cyprus Family History & Genealogical Group" on Facebook Groups

"Cyprus Family History & Genealogical Group" on Facebook Groups

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 1:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2012 2:55PM GMT
Hi everyone,

I have just recently created a Cyprus Family History & Genealogical Group, with the aim of helping researchers to identify what genealogical resources exist in Cyprus. For those, who are resident in Cyprus, and are keenly interested in history and genealogical research, and who would like to volunteer to help transcribe records and identify what records exist for their local parishes/town/village please feel free to pop an email through. You will need a good working knowledge of Greek and English.

As you would know, the district registries, can often be very difficult to obtain information about what sources/what birth/death books still exist in their collections or indeed in even replying to emails/letters/or telephone calls. This rarely happens.

As such, with the collaboration of others, we would be able to find out what records still exist, and or help transcribe local older records which are often in a bad state before they are completely ravished by the effects of time.

If anyone is interested in helping to form a Genealogical Society for Cyprus, or indeed in volunteering to help create a database of records/sources for Cyprus, please feel free to contact me or visit the Facebook group:

"Cyprus Family History & Genealogical Group."

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Re: "Cyprus Family History & Genealogical Group" on Facebook Groups

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Anthony,
I know this is a different slant on your request for help with cyprus genealogy but here goes-.
We wouldn't even pretend to know about records for cypriots but it is my husband that runs the web site www.gravestonephotos.com and we live in Limassol
Have a look and if you think we can help with anything please get in touch.
Janet Sale
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions