Search for content in message boards

William H. Long

William H. Long

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 4:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Long
I am looking for information regarding my grand-father, William H. Long. Last known address was somewhere in Powers, Oregon in 1919. I don't have exact DOB, but it is sometime in the 1870, he was born in Nebraska. I don't have parents names, but I think he had a brother named Gorman. He once live in Sanger, Fresno County, California, which is where he lived when he was married to my grand-mother, they divorced in 1919. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: William H. Long

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 1:07AM GMT
I found this family in the 1880 census in Nebraska:
John Long 44, born in OH, parents born in OH, bridge carpenter
Susan, 34, born in IL, parents born in NY
Gorman, 13, born in IL
George, 7, born in NE
William H, born in NE
Olive, 2, born in NE

In the 1900 census, I found this couple in Illinois:
William H. Long, 26, born in NE, father born in OH, mother born in IL. (This seems to match Wm H above.)
Stella, 25, born in MO, mother born in IN, father born in IL.
He was a RR laborer. They had been married for 3 years and she had 1 child, none living.

Was your grandmother named Stella?

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 6:50AM GMT
No, my grandmother's name was Minnie Laureta O'Neal, she was born in California, in 1878 to Joseph E. O'Neal and Mary E. Butler-O'Neal. But I do believe that the 1880 census that you sent me is my Wm. Long, as I have seen that one before and it fits some of my other info. Unless my Wm was living a double life I don't think he is the one from the 1900 census, but nothing would surprise me. Why are you researching this family, are you related? Please reply.
Thanks,
Phylis

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 4:47PM GMT
In 1910, there is a William H. Long in Portland, OR, born in NE to parents born in OH and NY. He's the right age, and divorced. The 1880 census has your Long's mother born in IL to parents born in NY, so I wasn't sure if this was a match. When was your William Long married?

I have no known relationship to this Long, but have a Zacharias Long that went to OH from PA around 1800. Who knows, maybe you could eventually connect to him.

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 9:56PM GMT
My William was married to my grand-mother, Minnie Laureta O'Neal, in Sanger, Fresno County, CA on January 3, 1898, according to the marriage license, his father a native of Pennsylvania and mother a native of Missouri, Minnie's parents were Joseph E. O'Neal and Mary Elizabeth Butler-O'Neal, both from Arkansas or Oklahoma. I think that my sister found a Zacharias in our family tree. Thanks for the info, I think that we will do some research on Zacharias.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic