Pennsylvania Death Certificate Index, online

Pennsylvania Death Certificate Index, online

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
This post was deleted by the author on 5 Dec 2012 8:36PM GMT

Re: Pennsylvania Death Certificate Index, online

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 4:25AM GMT
They call that an index in PA??? What a screw-up, at least its better than nothing, no wonder it takes them so long to find a record...gee wiz

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 12:03PM GMT
QUIT COMPLAINING and count your blessing. It took years of effort to convince them to release that much information.
The reason it takes so long is not the index itself, but the fact that the demand for certificates is very high.

Not only does the staff answer mail requests, but they also pull requests by submitters visiting the PA State Archive in Harrisburg. Those submitters can only request 10 per day and 5 at one time, it can take them up to two hours to process such a request due to the demand. [I was there last week to check out the process, and there were a dozen requests that were handled at the same time my request was submitted.)

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:14PM GMT
I agree with Richard. How many other states have such an index? It may not be perfect, but it's a great help for those who cannot visit the Archives themselves.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 4:33PM GMT
Janet, The Pa. Death Index I keep bookmarked and I am always going through it every day when researching . Between the obituary Index from Mount Carmel,Northumberland Co Pa and Pottsville Schuylkill Co. Newspaper obituary Index I would be lost for finding dates of death beyond church records. They are running 5 months in returns.C.Karbley

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 2:16AM GMT
Where can I find any obituary indices for Northumberland County?

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 2:42AM GMT
Dear M. Turner, Mount Carmel Library has Obituaries that cover a wide area even into parts of Schuylkill Co. It is divided into two sections. Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page. http://mountcarmelareapubliclibrary.com/genealogy . Pottsville Library also has an excellent obituary Index, you will have to go to the Pottsville Library web site to down load the file . C. Karbley

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 2:51AM GMT
Thank you very much
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions