Search for content in message boards

FTM 2014 - Installing?

FTM 2014 - Installing?

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
I purchased the FTM 2014 Program CD from Ancestry.com and cannot get it to install. When I put the CD in the drive, nothing happens - I open Computer and I get an hour glass rotating and that is it. I left it for 30 minutes and it never opened the CD, the hourglass just kept rotating. I tried it on 2 different computers and got the same action.

What is the problem in installing this program? I am running Win7 64bit and have no other problems with CD on either of the computers - put the CD in and they opens right away.

Anyone else have this issue and can provide a solution? I'm really looking at returning it to Ancestry and get a refund, but wanted to try here first.

Thanks for any insights!
Charlie

Re: FTM 2014 - Installing?

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 1:46AM GMT
I'm having the same problem. Did you figure out what the matter was? Or did you have to return the CD?

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 2:02AM GMT
I'm guessing the the CD is bad. Get a replacement.

Regards,

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 3:44AM GMT
I got in touch with them and they are sending me a replacement CD - have not received it yet.
Charlie

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 8:48PM GMT
I called them and they sent me a replacement CD - same problem - would not open on 2 different computers that are not connected to each other. I sent both CDs back and requested a refund. Did you resolve your issue and if so, how?

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 8:50PM GMT
I emailed them with the problem and they sent me a replacement CD - same problem on 2 different computers.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 4:34PM GMT
I would say that there are problems with your two machines.

If you were put a different program install CD in your CD player, does it go to the install ?

If NOT, then your systems are not set to do a auto run, when a CD in in the player.
Have look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/173584

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 4:38PM GMT
I originally ordered the download of FTM 2014. However, since I only have a 1.5 Mbps internet connection, I figured that would take too long so I called Nova and ordered the CD. Received it yesterday. Due to reported problems in this thread, I immediately inserted it into my computer. I took forever for my computer to read the CD Haven't installed it yet as I'm currently in the process of cleaning up my data using FTM 2012. So it may take a while for your DVD drive to read the disc.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 6:20PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. I inserted the FTM 2012 CD in the desktop CD player and it opened to run in a normal manner. I was able to see the Setup exec and the option to review folders/files on the CD - I looked at them and it worked in a normal fashion.

So, am still not sure what the issues are with the FTM 2014 CDs.

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 6:24PM GMT
Thanks for the reply, Paul. I sent both CDs back. So, cannot try the again. But, waiting 20+ minutes for it to open did not seem right. Also, it locks the computer and I could not do anything on the computer. Had to power off and restart the computer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions