Search for content in message boards

MARLOW

MARLOW

Rita Marlow (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Is anyone researching the name MARLOW? I am trying to connect my American MARLOW family to our very likely roots in England. Since Buckinghamshire is supposedly the place from where the MARLOW family originates, I was hoping that someone might have some information. My g-g-g grandfather's name was James M. Marlow and he was born in Virginia, USA, in 1783. I have not been able to find any information about his parents. I wonder if they are from England rather than the U.S.?

MARLOWS

Ernest Samuel Marlow (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
THE MARLOW'S I KNOW CAME FROM LEICESTER, ENGLAND. THERE ARE NO ONE NAMED JAMES AS FAR AS THE LIST I HAVE AND IT GOES TO 1761 WHEN JOSEPH MARLOW WAS BORN IN STAFFORD. tHE ONES THAT IMMIGRATED TO THE USA CAME TO NEW YORK AND THEN TO DETROIT, MICHIGAN.

Re: MARLOWS

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2003 8:21PM GMT
I have info on Ella Marlow, Richard Marlow, Arlie Aletha Marlow, Orval Clinton Marlow, Richard,, Nellie & Eddie Marlow, R. Fredrick Marlow, Elizabeth Marlow, Edy Marlow, Arlie Marlow, Orval Marlow, Fred Marlow, Frederick Lawrence Marlow, Richard Clinton Marlow, Arlene May Marlow, Charlene Hay Marlow and Ella Marlow and Edd Marlow. If any of these are in your lines, please contact me.

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Marlow, Erdmann
Hello.
I was searching for the name of my GGGG-grandmother Sophia Marlow on the web, and your message caught my eye. I just found her in the 1880 Milwaukee Census, and she was born about 1798 in Prussia. Marlow is her married name (I don't know her maiden name), so perhaps her husband was English (I don't know his name either--he died before 1880). The thing is, their daughter, Wilhelmina (born in 1842) was born in Prussia and the family moved to this country in 1857. I don't know about New York, but Wilhelmina married Johann Erdmann and had a daughter Mary who was supposedly born in Detroit, Michigan in 1860. Shortly afterward, they must have moved to Milwaukee, where their descendents have lived ever since. I'm curious about the Detroit connection and the possible England connection with Sophia's husband. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: MARLOW

Tom, Kathy, and Molly Marlow (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 2:59AM GMT
Hi. I read your message and I'm trying to find out things about my ancestory too. I am replying because I would like to find out more information about the Marlow family history. I'm doing a family tree for social studies. If you get this message before April the 2nd, i would like to have information to add to my project. If I can help you with something in the future, please let me know.
Molly Marlow
Age 14
Ripley, West Virginia

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2002 4:23AM GMT
There is a Frederick Marlow in my family tree. This would be my Great great grandfather if it is the same person. I do not know his wifes name but i do have his sons name (my Great grandfather )Albert Marlow born 1 Jan 1882. If this sounds familier please let me know . Donna

Vicki Walberg (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2003 6:53AM GMT
Surnames: Marlow
Hi, Molly. Do you know what Marlow family you are looking for. Can you give any information such as location, names, dates.

Vicki

Sue Long (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2004 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2009 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: MARLOW
I am researching the MARLOW family from Campbell/Anderson Co, TN via VA and most likely from England as well. There is speculation that the father of Thomas Marlow b Abt 1802 d. 21 Nov 1861 was Allen Marlow b Abt 1771 d. Bef. 1848 m. Ann Drake. Also, father to Allen Marlow is speculated to be Benjamin Reuben Marlow b. Bef. 1750. Does anyone have any information that would substantiate this?

Thank you for your help.

Sue Long

Re: MARLOW correction

Sue Long (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: MARLOW, WHITE, ASBURY, DRAKE, WARD, HARMON
The information I'm looking for proof of was incorrectly stated in my last email. This was found at the website of Brenda Reed.The correction is as follows:

Benjamin Reuben MARLOW
b. Bef 1750 VA
m. Ann DRAKE 1766 Edgecomb, NC

children of Benjamin & Ann:
Allen MARLOW
Thomas MARLOW
William E MARLOW
Nathaniel MARLOW
John MARLOW
Elenor MARLOW

Allen MARLOW
b. ABT 1771 VA
m. Jane Jean ASBURY 8 Mar 1797 Washington Co, VA
d. BEF 1848 Madison, MO

children of Allen & Jane:
Thomas MARLOW
Reuben MARLOW
John Allen MARLOW
Joseph MARLOW
Sarah MARLOW

Thomas MARLOW
b. 1802 VA
m. Elizabeth "Betsy" WARD 13 Nov 1824 Roane Co, TN
m. Profanis "Fanny" WHITE 15 Sep 1847 Anderson Co, TN
d. 21 Nov 1861 London, KY
bur. Camp Nelson Nat'l Cemetery Nicholsville, KY Grave #2174 Civil War Veteran

children of Thomas & Betsy:
Nicodemus MARLOW
Benjamin J MARLOW
Elizabeth MARLOW
Michael MARLOW
Reuben MARLOW
James MARLOW
Thomas MARLOW
Nancy MARLOW
Eli "Cresy" MARLOW
Lucretia "Cresy" MARLOW
Sarah MARLOW
Reuben MARLOW
Jane "Jennie" MARLOW
Susan "Jinsey" MARLOW

children of Thomas & Fanny:
Paul Harmon (Powell) MARLOW
Bethana MARLOW
Hannah MARLOW
George MARLOW
William MARLOW
Alexander MARLOW
Isaac WHITE MARLOW
Calvin MARLOW

If there is proof out there of Thomas MARLOW's father being Allen and his grandfather being Benjamin Reuben, please email me.

Thank you for your help!

Sue Long

Posted: 23 Apr 2004 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2006 10:55PM GMT
Sue, my GG Grandfather was James Lyons his spouse`s name was 'Hannah Marlow', the only info I have on these two are they had a son James born in Coventry, Warwickshire England in April 1844, the Lyons`s then moved to Australia in the 1860s and took up land in South Kolan Bundaberg Queensland and farmed sugar cane, their decendants are still in thie region today, they now spell their name (Lines) but I do not, I could explain that another time if Hannah Marlow is the same, I suspect it is!
Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions