Search for content in message boards

Tronson -Faulkner in Vernon area CORRECTION

Tronson -Faulkner in Vernon area CORRECTION

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 6:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi....
My name is Jim Porterie. My mother was Emma Tronson Faulkner. Her mother was Ellen Tronson born about 2/14/1871 in area later to become Vernon B.C.. Daughter of Edward J. Tronson and Nancy not sure of last name .She was a member of the head of Lake Tribe. Ellem had seven sisters and bros. Sister Edith married George Kiefer lived in Kanloops area married second husband Robert John Irish 10/22/1924. I think they had eight children two of whom died in a blizzard with George Tronson ( CORRECTION should be Edward Tronson) and George Kieffer's Brother both were uncles 11/11/1911. Ellen married Quin Faulkner 9/26/1886 in Vernon, BC. They moved to Arizona about 1892. I would like to hear from anyone connected to the family.
Thanks, Jim

Re: Tronson -Faulkner in Vernon area CORRECTION

Posted: 8 Dec 2002 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Tronson, Quin Faulkner
There is some information on Edward Tronson in the Local History Journals and in our Museum Archives in Vernon. Such as the death notice in the newspaper. There is also a bit of information on Quin Faulkner in a genealogy type book put out by the Village of Lumby in 1979. I cannot find a surname name for Nancy. The marriage of Nancy and Edward Tronson is recorded in our provinial archives the index is online. Have you found it. There is a family called Jordain who lived in Vernon who were related to the Tronsons though the Brewers..
What are you interested in.
Arlene Smith, Genealogist for the Vernon Family History Soc.

Posted: 9 Dec 2002 5:23PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2004 6:14PM GMT
Hi...

Thank you for taking time to respond to my message. I was looking for anyone who might have additional info. on E. J. Tronson or Quin Faulkner. I have found most of the BC archives I will try the town of Lumby. Thanks again I would appreciate any info you may run across.

Jim
@earthlink.net jporterie

Romando Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 3:26PM GMT
Hello,my mother's maiden name is Verdia Porterie of Marksville Louisiana.She is the great grand-daughter of Louis Porterie of France.Do you have any more information on the surname Porterie ?

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2005 11:25PM GMT
I am writing a history of the Carr's Landing area and I have a George Kieffer and wife Edith living at the southern end of Commonage Road in the 1901 Census. However it is noted that Edith is Metis. Could this be Edith Tronson?
I also have records showing that Quinn Faulkener pre-empted land in the same area. Vital Stats has his wife as Ellen Ironson, but assume incorrect? Both EJ and son George had land in the same area.

Jim Porterie (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2005 4:14PM GMT
Hi...

Edith was married to Geo Keefer. EJ Tronson's wife was Nancy. She was a Native from the Head of the Lake Band. Quin Faulkner's wife was Ellen Tronson. Send me your E-Mail address and I will send you a jpeg of my records on Ej and Nancy's Family.

Regards, Jim

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: KIEFFER, TRONSON
Hello Jim,

I am researching a local Pioneer Cemetery in the North Okanagan of British Columbia and writing a biography for each of the 350 or so people buried there.

Three and a half year old George Benjamin Kieffer, son of George Kieffer and his wife Edith Tronson, was buried there in 1908.

I would like to confirm the names, birth and death dates/locations for each of George and Edith's children.

Also would like to confirm the names and birth information for George Kieffer and Edith Tronson's siblings if possible.

Hoping you can help me out with this.
Thanks, Carmen K.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 11:33PM GMT
Hi Carmen,
My grandmother was Edith Kieffer (Tronson) I am presently re-reaching my Mothers family roots, Edward J Tronson of Killkenny, Ireland married a Margaret louise ( I have not been able to identify her last name. The above are the parents of my grandmother Edith as well as the parents of Helen, Edward, James, George and Mary.
George and Edith's children were Lizzie and May (frozen to death, Kamloops, BC Nov 8, 1911 as well as John Kieffer & James Tronson) remaining chldren were Kathleen (Catherine) Leonard, Archie, Mabel & Alex. Hope that this is of some help to you
Margaret

Posted: 11 Aug 2012 10:57PM GMT
I am a great-grand daughter of Gladys Irish Sawchyn who was Edith Tronson Irish's daughter. I too am looking for information so that my family could claim out Metis status. I am looking for the date of birth of George Henry Kieffer and where he was married

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 4:09AM GMT
I have only been ble to find his birth year...1871, married Edith Tronson February 2, 1890. He died November 26, 1918, Kamloops BC.
hope this is of some help in your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions