Search for content in message boards

Dillards in Greenville, SC in late 1700s

Dillards in Greenville, SC in late 1700s

Dortha Dillard Mattox (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DILLARD, STONE
Searching for William Dillard (born about 1750) and Thomas Dillard (born 1795) and Millie Ann Stone (born 1797), wife of Thomas, possibly in Greenville Co., SC. Interested in finding their children.

Dillards

Jerry D. Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dillard
Also "Holmes" on the web site has the nine offspring of Seaborn and Catherine Hunter (Craddock) Dillard. Those offspring had birthdates from 1844 through 1863. That's on page 4. There is one "William Young Dillard" born 1848, but I don't see a "Thomas". Pages 38 and 39 have the five offspring of Dr. James H. and Margaret Hunter (Park) Dillard. They're birthdates are from 1839 through some time after the third child was born in 1843. Whether any of these people were in Greenville County, SC, I don't know.

Sarah Dillard

Jerry D. Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dillard
I have a Sarah Dillard who married Nathan Harris. Their daughter, Elizabeth A. Harris, was born May 22, 1826, and married Decatur DeCalb Simpson Feb. 25, 1847. Elizabeth had a brother Dr. Thomas Spencer Harris. This is partly from the "Alexander Simpson Genealogy" by M.W. Monroe, a manuscript she submitted to the Laurens County SC Library in 1962. I am working on a web page for it, but in the meantime look at the one below and search on "Decatur DeCalb" and you should find the family connection.

In the "Monroe" document there is a Charles Dillard Pierson born 1857, which suggests a connection one or two generations back. Charles' parents J. B. and Rebecca Ross (Glenn) Pierson "settled on the Buncombe Road, north of Greenville, South Carolina."

Visit the web site below and contact the source there for more information. Also contact the Laurens County SC Library for a copy of "Monroe" if you wish.

Re: Dillards in Greenville, SC in late 1700s

Posted: 18 Jun 2009 7:27PM GMT
I know this is forever old, but are still looking for Thomas Dillard or have you been able to find him already? If not, let me know. I think I know where he is and of some of his decedents.
thanks
nanette wall

Re: Dillards in Greenville, SC in late 1700s

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 5:03PM GMT
Hello,
I am also looking for Dillards in Greenville, SC. Joseph Dillard is as far back as I can get he was born about 1840. I am also looking for Dillard wills, probate and land records.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic