Search for content in message boards

DILLION, DILLON, PERDUE

DILLION, DILLON, PERDUE

Thomas W. Dillion II (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-great-grandparents, Henderson DILLION and Sarah A. Maude DILLION, were married in Tazewell County, VA on February 1, 1858. They were first cousins. His parents were Greer DILLON and Lucinda SPRADLIN. Her parents were Jefferson DILLON and Margaret Ann PERDUE. Greer and Jefferson were brothers. If anyone has information about their move to Tazewell County, VA from Botetourt, Franklin and Monroe, VA Counties, or information about Margaret Ann PERDUE, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you...

DILLON, PERDUE

Posted: 19 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Do you know of a connection between Meshack PERDUE and my Margaret Ann PERDUE? Could she be a daughter of a brother of Meshack? Margaret was married to Jefferson DILLON in 1827 in Botetourt County, VA. Did the families move to Tazewell County for land, or because of the Civil War, or? Henderson DILLON/DILLION fought in the Civil War with Company D of the 23rd Battalion for the Confederate States of America. I do not know if Jefferson served in the war or not. Any information would be appreciated.

PERDUE and DILLON

Terry R. Tabor (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT

I have DILLONS and PERDUESfrom Tazewell county and will exchange information. I have Eleanor DILLON m. Mehack PERDUE ca 1780 in Va. and Daniel Henry PERDUE m. Ellen ODELL in Tazewell County ca 1870.

DILLON,PERDUE

Posted: 20 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
If your Margaret PERDUE was born ca. 1805 to 1810, it would make a good connection. She would have been between 15 and 22 when she could have married Jefferson DILLON. She would be too young if she was born c. 1825. Do you have any records of Zachariah and family temporarily living in Botetourt County in 1827? This is the closest to a connection that has been found so far.

DILLON and PERDUE

Terry R. Tabor (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
I have a Margaret DILLON dau of Zachariah PERDUE b. ca 1773 in Franklin county Va d. 1871 in Mercer County, WV and Elizabeth COONS b. 10/24/1803. Margaret must have been born ca 1825. Zachariah was the son of Meshack and Eleanor Dillon m. ca 1755.

Dillion/Perdue

Posted: 3 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Dillion, Perdue, Ross, Causey, Galle, Jones, Perneau, Blankenship, Mueller, Jourd, Olivier, Dousing
Tazewell CO., In my mothers family their is a Jessie Dillion, b.1749 in Ireland. He married Mary E. Blankenship,b.1759. They had two children, Authur and Caty(Catherine). Authur married Jane Ross, they had 6 children, Catherine, Henry,Asa, Alexander,Nancy, and Susanna. Catherine married Mark Perdue,I. Mark and Catherine had 11 children. Maggia,Susie,Daniel,Eliza,Thomas,Malida,Fredrick,Darcus,William, Minorpha,and Mark,II. All but Mark was born in Virginia. He was born in Missouri. If you can tie this in to your Dillion/Perdue bunch please email me and let me know. thanks

Perdue/Dillion

Posted: 3 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 4:43AM GMT
Tazewell co. Margaret(Maggia) Perdue was the granddaughter of Meshack Perdue. Her father was Mark,I. I have Mark being born in Franklin Co. VA. I have more info, on the names of family members if you want them. Email me.

Nancy Blankenship

Joyce Rasco Brandon (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blankenship
Do you know when your Nancy Blankenship was born?

Re: Perdue/Dillion

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Perdue
Please email me your information on Mark Perdue, and please state who his father was.

Zacheriah PERDUE

Posted: 18 Aug 2003 5:47AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2005 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: perdue, comer, bird, blankenship
I have a Zacheriah Urias Perdue who married Mary Conley
they had a son named Ferguson Ford Perdue b: 1826 who married Nancy Blankenship b: 1826 in Va Nancy is said to have been a seminole Indian. Nancy and Ferguson had the following children : James Harrison b: 1844 William b:1845 susannah b: 1848 Dicie Ann b:Mar 9 1869 Susan Jane

Dicie Ann Perdue married Levi Gene Comer
Susan Jane Perdue married Stephen Thomas Jefferson Bird

anyone having additional information please post I would love to have it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic