Search for content in message boards

family links

family links

annmarie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: carew
hi my name is annmarie carew and I have just started my search of family name and we live in boherlahan cashel co tipperary,I would just like to know how to find out more about my name anyone know of any help! thank you.

Re:Carew Family

Thomas Suttles (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carew
I am related to a Carew family that came from Solohead, Co Tipperary. As far as I know, most left there and settled in St. John's Newfoundland around 1841. The eldest son, Edward, stayed on and may have some descendants still living there.

Re: Re:Carew Family

colin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2003 8:50PM GMT
I grew up in witless bay NFLD , I have wanted to start tracing my family roots but I just don't know where to begin . but seeing you response makes me wonder.

take care

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 5:51AM GMT
Colin,
My grandfather, a Norris with a Carew mother, was from Witless Bay. I have been researching them for many years. I am no expert, but perhaps I can help you with your branch?

colin (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:29PM GMT
Barb,

that would be a welcomed help, I just really started out . I am in the process of calling my grandfather to get some infomation from him on his parents and grandparents . If you like we could work thru email or on the board .

talk to you soon

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 5:51AM GMT
Email is easier for me - I have a hard time finding my way around the message boards.
wgabrams@snet.net
Whenever you're ready. Our ancestors aren't going anywhere.
Barbara

Re: family links

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 1:02PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2004 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: carew, carey
I am just getting started with all of this. My last name is CAREY and I just found out[not offical] that one of my gggrandfather used the name CAREW. Have any of you heard of this name in your research.THANKS PAT IN ILLINOIS[FARMERSVILLE ILLINOIS]

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2006 5:02PM GMT
Yes - the name Carew &/or Carey can definately be the same. We have no idea as to why the name changes, but we've seen it many times. My Carew's came to the Peterborough area, Ontario, Canada in 1825 and 2 of the sons moved to Minnesota.
Who was your gggrandfather? Did he, by chance, happen to settle in Minnesota?
Lois

Posted: 6 Oct 2004 12:57PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2004 6:40PM GMT
Hi my family settled in Illinois and the name of my gggrandfather is Arthur Carey.I am new at this and the name Carew was just brought in as one of my ggrandfathers name in the Saint Louis area. I see no connection here but I thank you for answering me. THANKS PAT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions