Search for content in message boards

Charles Chamblin, Pueblo, Co.

Charles Chamblin, Pueblo, Co.

Barb Triplett-Brown (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chamblin
Interested in finding any Chamblin's from Pueblo, Colo. My great aunt Hazel Swan (Swann) married Charles Chamblin from Pueblo sometime in the 1930's. He was a pilot for TWA and they lived there for a time until he was killed when the propeller on his plane somehow hit him in the head and killed him. This was, I believe, back in the 30's. I don't know a great deal but I have several pictures from their short time together. I'm really just interested in seeing if there is still family in Pueblo---or anywhere for that matter who may be related. I visited there just this week and have wondered many times where they might have lived. Just curious.

Re: Charles Chamblin, Pueblo, Co.

Duncan Chamblin (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 8:59PM GMT
hi there. my name is duncan chamblin and i live aprox. 45 miles se of pueblo, co. this is kinda strange but my grandpa was charles moses chamblin and he lived and died in cleveland ok. my father moved to pueblo about 1946 from ok after wwii with my mom. i was born in rocky ford co. in1960 and have lived here all my life. so we probably are not directly related but would love to share more with you. my grandpa charles's dad's name was darious chamblin.(my great grampa)

Re: Charles Chamblin, Pueblo, Co.

Posted: 1 Jul 2004 9:45PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2005 12:23AM GMT
Charles was married to my great aunt Hazel Swann who was from Chariton Co., Mo. I know they lived in Pueblo right after they were married--supposedly across from the Governor's Mansion or something like that--in an apt. bldg. What little I know is in pictures that were passed onto me with very few names on them. I did have a relative tell me that Charles had a sister that lived just outside of Pueblo and her name was Gertrude. I tried to find the name of that city after you posted but I haven't located it yet. One would think there would be a connection here. But Charles died 6 yrs. before I was born and my Aunt Hazel never spoke of him. I do have a lot of pictures if you would like for me to scan and send one to you.
Barb--KC, Mo.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions