Search for content in message boards

Arthur Dickens

Arthur Dickens

Sherry Dickens Hebbert (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 7:57PM GMT
I am looking for information on the parents of Arthur Dickens of Missouri (born 1/11/1891 Davisville, died June 1972 Sullivan). His mother was Fox Indian named Missouri(a) Susan Sneed and his father was Isaac David Dickens. Art had 16 brothers and sisters.

Family

Delores (Dickens) Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 10:05PM GMT
Hi my gf was from missour. he had a brother named Arthur...... reckon we are related....... i am doing a family tree if u would like to email..................

Dickens Family

Delores (Dickens) Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 10:51PM GMT
My grandfather had a brother named Arthur Dickens...........

Arthur Dickens

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 5:55PM GMT
Hi, my mother is Issac Dicken's grand daughter. We know that Grandpa Issac was married to Susan Sneed and had two children, Arthur and Brian. He then married Rose Wheeler and had 14 more. My grandfather, Paul, came from the second marriage. I personnally met several of Uncle Arthur's brothers and sisters and have very fond memories. Davisville is a childhood memory for me. My mother may know someone who can give you more info. Who's daughter are you?

Sincerely,

Susan Artigue

Arthur Dickens

Sherry Hebbert (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 7:41PM GMT
I would love to hear more. I can send you my family tree thru e-mail. I have some information. I am looking for more on Susan Sneed. She was a Fox Indian I think.
Arthur and Opal Dickens had 3 children: Lucille, Floyd, and Billy. Billy is my father. He lives in Sullivan, MO. I hope your Mom has more information.

Arthur Dickens

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 5:55PM GMT
Sherry, you can e-mail me at sartigue71799@hotmail.com. Mom doesn't know much about the Susan Sneed since her father's mother is from second marriage. However, she said that Isaac's brother Tom who she thinks went west to NM had a daughter who traced the tree back to Ireland and if she recorded it, the record would be in Salt Lake City? I would love for you to e-mail the family tree.

thanks

Susan - coincidence that my name is susan

Arthur Dickens

Posted: 7 Dec 2000 1:39AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:00AM GMT
My grandfather is Arthur Dickens born in Illinois in 1861. Any relation? Wife's name was Jessie Virginia ? maybe Hurt, Hubert(s)or Price. Gfathers death certificate says his mothers maiden name was Hollenbeck. Information says he might have had a brother Sam. Alice Dickens Ledee

Arthur Dickens

Delores Dickens Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2000 10:26AM GMT
Hi Alice,
My fathers name is Shelby Dickens, My gfather was Charles Wesley Dickens born in Illinois in 1892, married and moved to arkansas.lived in virginia for a short while. his wife was pearl elizabeth king. he had a brother named arthur dickens. my great grandfather was boaz dickens his wife was sarah (not sure of her last name). they both lived in arkansas later in life and both died there they are buried in moseley cemetary here. have lots more info if u think we might be related someway.
Glad to hear from you.......

Arthur Dickens

Posted: 7 Dec 2000 11:17AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:00AM GMT
Delores,
Probably not the Arthur I am looking for.
My Grandfather was Arthur Lusorn Dickens, born 1861 in Illinois. Mothers maiden name Hollenbeck. Left Illinois to North Dakota, alberta Canada and then to Oregon where he died in 1939. Thanks for the message.
Alice
Posted: 7 Jun 2008 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: dickens
hi there,,,,,,, just saw ur post on message board of family.com...... would love to talk with u to see if maybe were related......... i have found my great grandfathers family on this website,,,,, it is so intersting......... please email if you would like to talk.
Delores (Dickens) Lewis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions