Search for content in message boards

Hacker family from Illinois

Hacker family from Illinois

Posted: 30 Dec 1999 7:59AM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2001 10:29PM GMT
Looking for any info on WILLIAM J. HACKER and wife MINNIE L. LANGE, married in Kane County, Illinois, 19Oct1893. They had four children: Alice, WalterE., William E., and Laura. Most of the children ended up in the McHenry County, Illinois, area. Have no info on William or Minnie's parents, siblings, or where they were from. Any info is much appreciated.

hacker family

cheryl sally (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 5:36PM GMT
My great grandparents were Hackers from Winnebago County. I am researching the Sally name right now but would appreciate any info on the Hackers.

Hacker surname

Posted: 7 Feb 2000 6:25PM GMT
Sally, At this time I do not have much info to share. I am searching a WILLIAM HACKER (1872-1958) that married MINNIE L. LANGE (d. 1926). I believe that Minnie was from the Elgin, Kane County, Illinois, area, but have not found support on that as of yet. I am not sure where William was from. I will let you know as soon as I find anything.

hacker fm from il

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 2:08AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2003 7:13AM GMT
hi michelle, i just came aross you message today. i've been trying to make our family tree. i have been reseaching charles edward (ed) runyon b-1900,d-1950. my husband's older sister used to visit (gramma hacker) when she was small in elgin il(kane co). they use to have a farm. later my husband (being much younger then his sister) visited (gramma hacker) in woodstock il,(mchenry co). they don't know her name or her husbands name. just gramma hacker. i don't even know for sure if she was a runyon and remarried a hacker. i have been trying to find this out. my husband's, sister's memory is failing and she can't remember much unfortunely. maybe we have a connection. it will be the first break through i will have since i started. my fingers are crossed. please get back to me. thx
roseann runyon

Hacker family in Kane/McHenry Co.

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 6:52AM GMT
Hi, Roseann, Thank you for your reply. At this time I cannot tell you there is a connection, but there probably is. I must go to Elgin to do some research and snooping around before I can really give you some answers. I do know that William and Minnie Hacker had a farm in RR Woodstock. Does your sister-in-law remember any kids when she visited, perhaps? I don't know if Minnie had been married before. Could it be that Minnie's mother's maiden name was Runyon? Plenty of questions, not many answers. I will keep you posted. Please do the same. :)
p.s. This is the first encounter of a possible break for me, too!

runyon fm kane/mchenry co

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 11:56PM GMT
hi michelle, isn't this exciting !!! i hope u make that trip to elgin real soon...:) we use to live in il, and if i where there i'd meet u there and snoop right along side u...haha..as for kids, husband says no kids. they visited quite often, but he don't recall ever hearing the grandparents call each other by name. what relation would u be to minnie ? happy hunting......
roseann

Minnie Hacker

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 7:09AM GMT
Hi, Roseann, Good to hear from you again. Minnie and William Hacker are my husband's gr-grandparents. They had four children: Alice, Walter E., William E., and Laura. My husband is off of Laura.

I am going to try to get down to Elgin next week. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that I can find something to fill in our blanks. . .
Michelle

minnie hacker

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 2:43PM GMT
hi michelle, my fingers and toes are crossed. here's hoping u can find something to help us. when i go to the LDS library next week i will do the same. take care, have a great week-end....:Þ
roseann

Charles Hacker & Augusta Hirsch - McHenry County Illinois

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 3:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2013 3:56PM GMT
William J Hacker is the son of

Charles / Carl Hacker
born 16 Dec 1848 in Germany
died 13 Dec 1916 in Crystal Lake IL
and
Augusta / Gusta Hirsch, daughter of Carl Hirsch
born 21 Dec 1845/46 in Germany