Search for content in message boards

Halligan Reunion-Peoria, IL

Halligan Reunion-Peoria, IL

Genny Gibbs (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2003 2:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halligan, Carrigan, Scanlon, Murphy, Mangan, Walsh
We've had great success finding new cousins and will celebrate with a reunion in Peoria on Sunday, Sept. 21, 2003. Please contact us if you're a descendant of Thomas & Anastasia (Walsh) Halligan who arrived in Peoria early 1850's from County Kilkenny (thru New Orleans). Other descendents besides Halligans are Carrigans, Scanlons, Reed/Reid, Dutton, Matthews, Walsh, Murphy (family of Myles), Grants (Colorado), Zemans, Mangans, Stewarts (of St. Louis & Ste. Genevieve, MO.) It will be a lot of fun!
Thanks,
Genny Gibbs

Re: Halligan Reunion-Peoria, IL

Genny & Randy Gibbs (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2003 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Costello
Please add the surname of Costello to the previous list for the Halligan Reunion in Peoria.

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 1:52AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2006 10:46PM GMT
By any chance are you familiar with a Bridget Halligan born in 1857. She married John Francis Dwyer and had daughter, Mary Catherine Dwyer. Mary is my husband's grandmother. She was born in Putnam Co. IL

Genny Gibbs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2003 2:17AM GMT

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Halligan, Walsh, Kjerland, Cherland, Haney, Heaney
Hi - I know I've missed the reunion by 4 years (I did hear about it, but I'm a teacher in Idaho, so a bit far for a weekend.) but I'd love to hear about any future reunions and be included in any written info possible (books, websites, letters, whatever). I'd love any and all details on any Halligans from the Thomas and Anastasia line. My grandma was Katie Elizabeth Halligan, daughter of Thomas Stephen Halligan, son of Stephen Halligan and Catherine Parker. My grandma, Kate Halligan, married Carl John Cherland. My father was their youngest, a twin. My most recent project is to find info on Bridget Flannagan (spelling?) Haney/Heaney(spelling?) who is the mother of Elizabeth Haney/Heaney who married Thomas Stephen Halligan. I'm Lori (Cherland) McCune, 116 S. 100 E., Driggs, ID 83422 mcbears@tetontel.com Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions