Search for content in message boards

Duncan KEITH -GA, SC

Duncan KEITH -GA, SC

Posted: 18 Oct 1999 12:16PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 1:56PM GMT
Looking for info on Duncan KEITH who was married to Kissah PAYNE. Daughter Clara KEITH was born in GA in 1800. Some other KEITH family members were born SC. They also had a son Wiley KEITH b.@1787 GA.

Keith Surname

Joyce Keith-Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 1999 8:32PM GMT
My ggg grandfather was Wiley Keith, son of Duncan Keith.
I am currently researching the Keith family tree. Please contact me as soon as possible as I would like to exchange information. My records reflect Wiley was born 22 Aug 1876 in Virginia? My information lists him as living in SC,GA possibly TN. Please contact me during evening hours at equipjoyce@aol.com or during the day at jmoyer@rentalservice.com. Thanks Joyce

Wiley Keith

GregKeith (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2000 6:06PM GMT
My ggg grandfather is Marshal Keith who I believe is the son of Wiley Keith. Can you shed some light?
Thanks,
Greg

John Marshall Wiley Keith

Wanda (Keith) Vivia (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 12:24PM GMT
I have been researching for some months noow and understand that John Marshall was the son of Wiley who was the son of Duncan. John Marshall was my gg grandfather, too. We must be "distant cousins". Contact me at avivia@prodigy.net
Posted: 26 May 2000 1:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2002 3:20AM GMT
In researching Duncan this A.M. I ran across your message. I am currently in SLC working every day at the LDS Family History Library, searching for the parents/siblings of Martin Keith from GA. I believe he may be related to Duncan. Yesterday I found property transaction records in 1793 and 1794 in Wilkes Co. GA,(which at the time covered a large area bordering SC, Pendleton Dist), with Duncan involved. One transaction was between Cornelius and George Keith, and the other a sale from John Neill to Duncan. The piece of land sold was adjacent to a Duncan Bohannon. There were other transactions between George Keith and some Bohannons in 1798 1801. I don't know what the documentation to the following is, but this is what is in several data bases: Duncan (b. abt. 1755) was the son of Cornelius Keith (b.1715) and a Ms. Bohannon. Ms. Bohannon was the second wife. By the first wife, (Juda Thompson), was a son named Cornelius and daughter Juda. Cornelius and Bohannon had about 10 children, George being one of the other sons. Cornelius (Sr.) settled in Pendleton Dist. SC and is buried there. This would all tie in with what I found yesterday. A line item on the sale between Cornelius and George in Wilkes Co. GA indicates that Cornelius was living on this land. (Duncan was a witness to this sale.) Therefore, this is probably Cornelius Jr., Duncan's half brother.

You may know that a Duncan Keith was in Surry Co. NC in 1786, and Wilkes Co. GA in 1793 (census). A Cornelius and William were also in Surray Co. in 1793. A Duncan then appears in 1800 in Greenville Co., SC, (with a William) and in 1810 in Pendleton Dist. (adjoining county to Greenville), with Cornelius and his family. A Wiley and Martan Keith appear in the 1820 Greenville Census.

If you don't have the rest of the info on Cornelius's family, I can tell you where to find it. Also, if you have any additional information on Duncan's family, I would love to have it. I have ran onto some information on Marshall, but will have to look for it if you are interested. Please contact me. I pick up e-mail daily.

Duncan Keith

Posted: 2 Jun 2000 7:33PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 7:35PM GMT
Lanette,
Glad you posted message, would very dearly appreciate you sharing any information you have concerning Duncan, Wiley, John Marshall Keith line. John Marshall had 2 sets of twins, one of which was my great-grandfather, Absalom (nicked named App), I just recently bought FTM software to download all my collected data with and sorry to say haven't gotten very far due to hetic work schedule. My home email is equipjoyce@aol.com and work is jmoyer@rentalservice.com. I'm home for the weekend and would love to have you contact me direct. It appears you've spent a lot of time doing your homework and I'd love to see what you have. I live in the mid-west, as my great-grandfather, and family he married into moved via covered wagon from DeKalb Co, AL to Cherokee Co, KS in 1876, and the family tree grew from there. Please contact me will check my email daily at home and begin back to work on Monday. Thanks Joyce:)

Duncan Wiley Keith

Crystal Michelle Keith (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2001 9:40PM GMT
Wliey is my g-g-g-g-g-grandfather on my Dad's side--straigt back through our Keith men. ME-Larry LeRoy(my Dad)-Bruce Marshall-Thomas M.(for Marshall?)-James Henry-William Robert-Wiley-Duncan-James-Cornelius(born & died in Loch Lomand, Scotland)This is as far back as I have been able to go. I haven't explored the siblings, offspring & such much yet. Please email me at wrmfuzzzz@aol.com I am so happy to fianally find direct descendants from this line.

Cornelius/Duncan Keith

Posted: 30 Apr 2001 9:23AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:44AM GMT
Crystal,
There were three or four Duncan KEITHs in America's south before 1800, and two of these appear connected with Cornelius KEITH (b. ca 1694) who came to Virginia about 1720, and had at least 6 children by 1727. Have you some records of a Cornelius Keith who died in Scotland and is grandfather of some Duncan KEITH of America?

Duncan, Wiley Cornelius Keith--my line

Crystal Michelle Keith (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 6:47PM GMT
Larry, I have tried several times to place my info here & have been booted offline w/ each attempt. So please give me yor email so I can just email it to you. At this point, it might be easier! Wiley Keith is my g-g-g-g-grandfatherI will gladly share my info with any who want it. My line: Me-My Dad(Larry LeRoy Keith)-Bruce Marshall(his Dad)-Thomas Marshall-James Henry -William Robert-Wiley-Duncan-Cornelius(immigrated from Scotland)-James(Loch Lomand, Scotland)
Please email me at wrmfuzzzz@aol.com

Re: Duncan, Wiley Cornelius Keith--my line

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 7:31PM GMT
I'm interested in any info on James and Cornelius Keith of Loch Lomond. My line is Wayne Smith (my dad) < Alice Mae Crow (grandmother) < Laura Alice Keith (gr-grandmother) < Colonel Gibson "Tobe" Keith (gr-gr-grandfather) < John Marshall < Wiley < Duncan < Lemuel < Cornelius < James.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions